Thread: What is happening

Default What is happening

I can not figure out what is going on. The carve started out OK, but at 20% the bit started taking a gradual plunge and finally ended with an X error.
    Can't find anything obviously wrong and just did the 750 hr maintenance about 20 hrs ago.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated and Happy New Year to all fellow carvers.

Mike

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9232.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	87013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_9233.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	3.31 MB 
ID:	87014
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

I would suspect a bad FFC cable or bad connection. Could also be a dirty encoder on the Z motor, sometimes re-formating card helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I would suspect a bad FFC cable or bad connection. Could also be a dirty encoder on the Z motor, sometimes re-formating card helps.
    Looks like it was the FFC cable after all. I had removed it and inspected it a couple of days ago and didn't see anything obvious. I replaced it today with a new one and after running the same carve everything seems to be OK.
    Thanks for the suggestions.

Mike
    All Gave Some,
    Some Gave All.

My computer configuration and software used:
    Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard, AMD FX 6-core Processor Black Edition, 32 Gig DDR 3 Ram, Gigabyte HD 6450 Video Card with 1 Gig DDR 3 ram, Windows 10
    Designer 2.007, Designer 3.102, Pattern Editor, Centerline, Conforming Vectors, 2d Tools, 3d Tools, DXF Importer, STL Importer and Rotary Jig.

Yep, good call Dale. FFC Cables should be considered a Consumable as they can only bend so many times and ESPECIALLY if they have a sharp bend in them. A Sharp Bend will fail SO much quicker.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com