Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Signing out

Thank you all for the kind words. I am really happy that I could help others "see the light" and build their confidence and abilities in trying new things. To me, designing the project is half of the fun.

Bergerud, I too have valued our conversations and especially your "outside of the box" solutions. You have made the challenges much more interesting.

I have purchased another CNC machine of a different color and although it won't be delivered until sometime after the first of the year, I have been completely immersed in the challenges and really looking forward to adapting some old projects and creating new ones.
    Steve

I will miss you - you have been a great help to me.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Steve, I have thoroughly enjoyed your help all these years on the forum. I recently bought a second Carvewright as my old one was over 10 years old and I just wanted to see if the newer models were any better. My new one works great...but like you, I wanted a do a little more with vectors so I succumbed at Rockler and bought the HD4 Shark. I have had it for about 3 weeks now and still working out the kinks with the software. I can see a lot of pros and cons to both machines. I think the CW software is easier to learn and certainly more inclusive being both the CAD and the CAM integrated into one package. So far the only thing the Shark does better is a carve region mainly because I used a half inch EM (cutting bit) and it roared thru that project in no time compared to using the CW and the 1/8 inch cut bit. I was hoping the Shark would be more forgiving on the actual board size versus the virtual board size and that was really frustrating as I never wanted to scale. The Shark doesn't care what the dimensions on on the real board...but trying to clamp it has been a challenge...the CW holds it down with the rollers. The other big difference is the saw dust...my CW has Fred's dust collector as well as a down draft and it keeps everything pretty neat. The Shark is a saw chip maniac and I will need to figure out how to collect the chips. I bought the water cooled spindle and it is noticable quieter which was something that I needed. Interestingly, when I had to do a rush job for a Christmas present I used the CW as it was like an "old friend" and I knew it would get the job done. Which one did you end up getting?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123