Thread: Litho Help

Default Litho Help

I keep getting a z axis stall each time I try to carve this pattern when it asks for the cutting bit. I am using a sled with at least 3.5" (7" rule), which I have used many time before. But this time it is not working, maybe I am staring at it too long. Any ideas? Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I do not see anything wrong with your project. At what point do you get the Z stall error?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Good morning, it happens just after I put the cutting bit in. It tries to set up, then Z axis error.
    Thank you.

Does it happen on just this project or all or other projects? At what point in the "set up" does it happen?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

It happens just after I put the cutting bit in and it is checking for depth. I will try a different carve this weekend. Thank you.

Hi Mike,

Have you checked the Z bearings that they are rotating freely? Perhaps one of the bearings is causing a slight binding.

Another possibility, but rare, is one of the tiny screws on the backside of the Z-truck might have worked it’s way out enough to scrape the plate behind the truck. You can’t see the screws unless you remove the Ztruck, but if that is happening, you may be able to see slight scratches on the metal plate behind it. You can power down then move the Z truck up/down and look (you may even be able to detect any binding by “feel”)
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I'm wondering if it is a bit length issue.

If I understand your project, you should be prompted to load the cutting bit first. the machine will use it to find the board surface. then you will be prompted to load the carving bit and the project will be carved. Then prompted to load the cutting but again to actually cut.

Are you using Carvewright bits? When does the z-axis stall occur, before or after carving?