Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advise Please

1. Default Advise Please

Hi All,

I was on vacation the past 2 weeks and saw a mailbox divot that I liked. I am enclosing of what it should look like, and than the one I did using the limited skills that I have. I would like advise if I did this right?, If not some pointers on what I should have done??? I greatly appreciate the help I get from the forum and feel I have improved some. If you are going to help please explain in steps what I did wrong or need to do to fix. I look forward to your input.

Thank you
    Loriblackdog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails turtemailbox-2.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lori,

Your pattern is of very poor quality, with very jagged edges. I would not use as is.

You can certainly do this as a pierced project as you have. But you need to outline the pattern with a pierced carve region and add manual tabs. Look for the tutorial on pierced carvings.

I think this would be better as a cutout. Outline the pattern, assign cut paths to the outlines, and delete the pattern. But again, the pattern is of very poor quality, and some adjustments would be needed to keep the turtle's appendages from separating.

3. Default

Hi Dick,

I appreciate your advise and want to know can i make a better pattern using gimp or paint.net or blender? I am trying to learn how to clean up a poor image to make it better? I do have the linked to the pierced carvings. I am trying to learn, I started as a complete dummy not I have in proved to almost not a dummy. So if you make any other suggestions I appreciate it.

Loriblackdog

5. Default

Hi Dick,
    Here is list of what I have:

* Conforming Vectors
    * Centerline
    * Pattern Editor (Probe)
    * Basic
    * Version 3 Standalone
    * STL Importer
    * Advanced 2D
    * Advanced 3D
    I have added a lot on as I have improved. Do I already have something I can use? I really appreciate your time. Hope you have a good weekend

Loriblackdog

There is more than one way to do this. You can use a drawing program, but since you have 2D I suggest that you import the graphic of the turtle and use it to trace closed vectors, then use the Cut Path tool on these vectors.

7. Default

Hi,
    Is there a tips & tricks on the steps to do this? I am not sure how to do a closed vector? I do know about the cut path, you state on these vectors does that mean to trace the turtle, then the legs & Head, also how do I get the turtle to look like it is pierced? Thank you

Lori Wellington

Watch this video http://www.carvewright.com/add-on-mo...ector-drawing/ at about 30 minutes; there is a demonstration of tracing a closed path around leaves and fruit. The tutorial ends by assigning a v bit to these closed vectors - you would assign a Cut Path instead.

9. Default

Hi DIck,

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea I could do that, do you know if there are any other tutorials that might help me? Does Steve Nelson have any videos on this stuff. I had no clue I could do stuff like that, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, for your time and helping me. I will be busy learning new things, then I will post when I have completed some things. Have a Blessed Day and Thank you again.

Loriblackdog (:

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Hi DIck,

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I had no idea I could do that, do you know if there are any other tutorials that might help me? Does Steve Nelson have any videos on this stuff. I had no clue I could do stuff like that, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, for your time and helping me. I will be busy learning new things, then I will post when I have completed some things. Have a Blessed Day and Thank you again.

Loriblackdog (:
    Try these.. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8c...orEtHx4qMoZGzQ

When you click on each one there are tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8c...orEtHx4qMoZGzQ

http://support.carvewright.com/categ...ner-tutorials/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast