Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QC Removal Tool

okmatt, if you still need that square drive tool I have one that I could mail you. PM me your address if you want it.

Jerry
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    okmatt, if you still need that square drive tool I have one that I could mail you. PM me your address if you want it.

Jerry

Thanks! I sent you a PM.
    I started freehand routing in August of 2016
    Got my first "new" A series machine in September of 2017
    It has an A907 motor
    I Use the Aftermarket Musclechuck

http://okmatts.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I have snapped 3 of the square drive bits used to remove the old QC on one truck. They were from Ron who made the rock chucks. I finally gave up on that truck. I even shoved a soldering iron up inside the QC to soften the red forever locktite. I would remove the QC before you buy the Muscle Chuck. You may destroy the truck and be stuck with a MC and need to buy the Carvetite. Remember the soldering iron trick... Too much flame heat can damage the spindle bearings. Good Luck.
    I snapped a couple of them myself. What finally worked for me was a short section of 1/2" round steel rod (Home Depot) heated to white hot with a map gas/butane torch and inserting it into the chuck. After letting it set a couple of minutes I repeated the process and then quickly used the removal tool. Worked like a charm for me.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    I snapped a couple of them myself. What finally worked for me was a short section of 1/2" round steel rod (Home Depot) heated to white hot with a map gas/butane torch and inserting it into the chuck. After letting it set a couple of minutes I repeated the process and then quickly used the removal tool. Worked like a charm for me.

I hear you. I figure I've got a 50/50 chance. No Musclechuck ordered until I successfully get it off. ( I just can't believe my luck, a $40 increase on the exact day I decide I'll just use the Carvetight.) I need a lot of upgrades I Would just like to see the machine pay for them instead of me. Maybe I can get some more orders before Christmas.
    It has an A907 motor

Yes, I have a MC in reserve. Have not used it yet.

Will likely be a Xmas or Black Friday SALE that will lower the price back down to the pre raise price so watch for it....

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    Yes, I have a MC in reserve. Have not used it yet.

Will likely be a Xmas or Black Friday SALE that will lower the price back down to the pre raise price so watch for it....

Good Luck,

AL
    If I Have to go with the carvetight I'll Keep that in mind!
    It has an A907 motor

Thanks for all your input guys! I successfully got my qc off today. So I'm going to order a muscle chuck Monday.
    It has an A907 motor

So did that tool I sent you work out ok? Did you use a hot iron up inside the QC like Al suggested?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    So did that tool I sent you work out ok? Did you use a hot iron up inside the QC like Al suggested?
    Jerry I ended up using the hot bolt heated up with Map gas and the tool work great thank you for sending that
    It has an A907 motor

Glad that worked out for you and you're welcome. If you see anyone else needing that tool, pass it along, thats what makes this group so great.
    CarverJerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast