Thread: Y truck not moving

1. Default Y truck not moving

Was just cleaning my machine afte a carve and I can’t slide the y truck. I just did the user tests for z and y and everything moves fine. The truck returns to the left (keypad side) and with the machine unplugged or plugged, it will not move. Any ideas??

Quote Originally Posted by knotjustsawdust View Post
    Was just cleaning my machine afte a carve and I can’t slide the y truck. I just did the user tests for z and y and everything moves fine. The truck returns to the left (keypad side) and with the machine unplugged or plugged, it will not move. Any ideas??
    could be your Y motor or a bearing
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

The Belt Gear on the Y Motor sits in a U shaped machine cut out. When the Bearings go bad inside the Gearbox and the shaft wears the belt pulls the plastic gear toward the center of the machine and up against the U shaped FRAME. This acts like a BRAKE.

So likely you need two 685ZZ Bearings and likely a NEW Gear Shaft that TIM Sells.... OR a $90.00 Motor Gearbox plus shipping from LHR... Tim has a better deal... Bearings on eBay or local.

This is the most posted about problem with the machine.

My most posted pictures.

Good Luck.

Other than THAT... The "Y" ROLLER RAIL bearings could be Dry and sticking.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC00486_WEB.jpg   DSC09643_WEB.jpg   DSC09644_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Does anyone have a way to get a hold of Tim? I think I'd like to order a couple of his shafts just to have on hand. Thanks
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

He is active on the facebook thread.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Carver Jerry, I sent you a PM.