Thread: pattern depth

Default pattern depth

question for Ask Bud; I am interested in purchasing your angel pattern with the horn, but I am concerned with the depth of the carve. The jewelry box I am making has doors 3/4" thick, but I only want to

recess the pattern a 1/4 into the panel. is that possible, my doors are 3/4X4.5X12 with a half arch on top the 12" is the height I want to insert the angels into an oval 3.5" wide by 10 " tall but only recess into the panel 1/4". would that be possible with this pattern? Thanks in advance for your help!

Unfortunately for us Bud is deceased. We're fortunate to be able to use all his tutorials. I think you should be able to control the size and depth of the carve when you create your MPC.
    Rick H

OK thanks for the information

You can download patterns no charge on a trial basis and adjust in Designer to see if they will work for you.

Every pattern has it's own default depth but all can be adjusted/changed based on your need.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Every pattern has it's own default depth but all can be adjusted/changed based on your need.
    True, but some patterns may lose detail if the depth is set much lower than the depth of the pattern as originally design. That is why I suggested "try before you buy".

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    True, but some patterns may lose detail if the depth is set much lower than the depth of the pattern as originally design. That is why I suggested "try before you buy".
    And that is also true!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.