Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Head movement

1. Default Head movement

I have a new machine and it seems to be difficult to move the head up and down. The ratchet slips often rather than moving the head. The lock lever is released and I have used WD40 to clean the shipping grease off the 4 bars. Still is very difficult to move. Advice?
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

Have you also cleaned and lubed the lead screws, realigned the 4 corner posts and checked the head for leveling?

http://support.carvewright.com/align...-corner-posts/

http://support.carvewright.com/clean...lead-screws-2/

http://support.carvewright.com/head-will-not-lower/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Not sure of the different packages available now but if you have a warranty I would call Carvewright. Shouldn't be anything you need to do on a new one.
    Rick H

During the shipping process there can be a little abuse on the machine. The four corner posts tend to get knocked around a bit some times I've noticed. loose eight bolts raise the head tighten top bolts, lower head tighten bottom bolts. Should be ready to go. This type actuation can bind easily from misalignment.

Get a wide board. 2 long strips of paper. Crank down on the board with the strips of paper left and right. Tug the paper. If one side is HIGH it would be possible to pull the paper out.... Level the head. A tilted head binds the up down.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hi Bob,

I would certainly call LHR. Their tech support is pretty good. Even without the warranty I believe it is only $25. Did you re-lube the corner posts after cleaning them with WD40? They need lubrication.

After making sure the posts are aligned, spray them with Dry Lube (the type with NO silicon).

PS: I wiped off the grease years ago and only use Dry Lube on the posts. I spray them each time I have a day of carving to do and raise/lower the head a couple times to distribute the lube.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

8. Default

I got the head to move. Today when I tried to start a carve I get through the entire process of set up but the spindle motor won't come on. When the short burst after loading the tool should happen it doesn't turn. When carve is supposed to begin I get the following errors (see photos attached).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen 1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	86788Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen 2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	86789
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

9. Default

As a side note. This machine has fewer than a dozen carves on it, none more than an hour. It has always been stiff moving the head up and down. I plan to do the lubrication and alignment of the bars when I have the chance. But this Err E05-0314 just popped up today out of nowhere. I have never had the cut motor not come on before.
    Bob Campbell
    VIT Jr/Sr High School
    Table Grove, Illinois

Make sure the right cover switch is clicking when the cover closes. That switch is a safety switch which cuts the power to the cut motor. Dust collector holding up the cover??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast