Thread: E06-313 strange non-issue problem

Default E06-313 strange non-issue problem

Just an FYI note. Ran a couple of carves of an old MPC with no problem. Started the next one and after the measurement of the board the bit went to the KB side, went to the bottom and gave the Z axis fault. Stopped, did some checking and cleanup with out finding anything obvious. Turned off and removed A/C cord, tried again with same results. Just for grins tried a measure height with same results. Moved board and card to backup machine and ran the carve with no problem.
    Decided to work on the 1st machine while carve was running so set up with second card and started looking. Couldn't feel anything in the trucks, nothing visual. Before I started dismantling I wanted to watch it very carefully run through it's steps. Put in a board, did a height measurement with no problem. Loaded a good board and ran a quick carve of another project on the card OK.. Then formatted the card, reloaded original MPC and ran the project OK.
    Weird part of the problem came the next day. Ran another of the original MPC OK. Started the next one and the machine went thought all the measurements OK. Asked for the first bit, loaded it and went through the steps until finding the board height. Went down into the plate beside the board on the slider side, came up, went down and tapped the slider twice and on the way up gave the same Z stall. Shut off the machine, waited a minute, turned it back on and had the same results on the same MPC.
    Turned it off, formatted the card , reloaded and ran the carve OK.
    My only guess is there must be something with the card but just seems really weird that it would get screwed up causing the same Z failure but at different places in the process. If it is changing the 'parameter' that determines the Z measurement it would seem it should be failing at the beginning like the first failure unless there are different thresholds for different Z functions.
    Will post any more info as I get it.
    Rick H

Check the FFC cable for any cracks or breaks and the encoder disc in the Z motor.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.