Thread: Looking for parts for old A-series machines

Default Looking for parts for old A-series machines

Hi,

Possibly looking in vane, but you never know...

I have two older machines, early A series. Never upgraded to A907.

Stopped using them 3 years ago, when I got the "dive of Death" on one of them and then I fried both computers while troubleshooting…

Anyway, I have just read a reply from AL (DigitalWoodshop) about dive/plunge and possible cable/connector problems and now everything became clear to me... So now I will be trying to resume my compucarving… but I need a few parts...

1. the small Electronic board that sits on the Z-axis motor, complete with all the connectors intact _and_ pre-A907 version. I know I could/should update to A907, but as it is now, I am not sure how much carving I will be doing. I have still lots of boards ready to be carved…
    2. two (yes, 2) _working_ computers as I fried both computers while trying to troubleshoot the "dive".

Anybody who has the parts? The small Electronic board is the most important thing, as the computers can be bought from LHR.

Please be advised that shipping to me invoilves shipping to the other side of the Pond (Europe/Sweden).

Thanks in advance for any reply…

/Z
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )

I believe the computers are about $300.00 each.... Buying a used machine might be a more cost effective way to go and have them part them out....

They also had a Z Encoder Problem too in the early "A" series.. When the plug jack was inserted into the encoder during manufacturing it was not bottomed out before wave soldering. Later when a plug was pushed in, it would fracture the solder connections.

And the very thin 18 pin FFC Cables also broke internal wires. This was also the cause of the death dive where the Z got a Down Order and the encoder or a broken wire in the FFC made the Z keep going DOWN trying to satisfy the encoder request... Hence Diving into the board and stalling.

And remember without a card in the machine you get black squares on the LCD. Looks like a dead machine...

I would solve the computer problem first. A parted out machine just sending the most valuable parts might be the best bet.

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06549_WEB.jpg   DSC06550_WEB.jpg   DSC06548_WEB.jpg   DSC06547_WEB.jpg  

DSC06543_WEB.jpg   DSC06541_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-11-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks, Al!

I suppose I should have taken a pic of the PCB I am looking for... It is attached below. The socket for the FFC cable is loose and I have no good way of connecting the cable to the socket, as the brown plastic bit in the socket has broken off... Nothing helds the cable in place...

But if I do not locate this board soon, I will have to opt for an upgrade of Z truck and new computer.... /Z

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20181011_222026 (2).jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	86668
    Located at a nice spot in Europe...
    Current machines:
    • model A, QC, firmware 1.188, sandpaper belts, "brainless"
    • model A, Carvetight, rubber belts, A907, illuminated display from soigeneris (Jeff Birt)
    • 2 x model C, Carvetight, still in box

Software: Designer 3.106, Designer 1.188, Centerline, Conforming vectors, STL importer, Scanning probe, Blender (to create depth maps )