Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: board sensor mounting

Default board sensor mounting

I have been emailing and conversing with the Carvewright tech to no avail. My problem is with my second machine. I replaced numerous board sensors in my first machine which I purchased 11 years ago, and am still using. I never had any problem mounting the replacement sensors. With my new machine, however, the only way that I can get the holes in sensor to line up with the mating tapped holes in the Y truck is to elongate the holes in the sensor. Just can't pull the sensor body close enough to the Y truck for proper alignment. Tech support maintains either the cable is in the way or I'm just putting it in crooked. I'm not buying it because I replaced maybe 8 in the old machine with no alignment issues. Any thoughts?

You need to stick your camera in the machine and take a few pictures to see what is going on...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08504_WEB.jpg   DSC08491_WEB.jpg   DSC08510_WEB.jpg   DSC08509_WEB.jpg  

DSC08502_WEB.jpg   DSC08505_WEB.jpg   DSC08503_WEB.jpg   DSC08496_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Being that LHR only sells one version of the senor, I would assume that there is only one that fits all of their models. That is a very hard place in the machine to view if something is in the way. What I did was to buy a cheap endoscope that hooks up to a smart phone. It allows me to get in very small spaces that I could not have before and view images on a phone. Before purchasing one make sure your phone is USB OTG compatible, mine is not, so I have to have someone else run the scope for me. No big deal as most phone are compatible, from what I have seen everyones phone but mine works with them.

OR a cheap Video Camera. CCTV.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

I’m having trouble believing the holes won’t line up, too. Did anyone in Tech Support take a look at their supply of sensors and compare it with a sensor on one of their older machines?

That way they could see whether or not the hole spacing was changed somehow. I think that is very unlikely, but it wouldn’t hurt to double check!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

While we're at it, replacing 8 sensors seems excessive. I've never replaced mine.

Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    While we're at it, replacing 8 sensors seems excessive. I've never replaced mine.
    Does seem excessive, 10 yrs and still the orig. Would seem more like a bare wire somewhere. Shorts out and clears by moving the wire during change of sensor.
    Did have to clean and seal it years ago.
    Rick H

I would have to agree. I changed one out years ago that had a scratched up lens. The wiring if on in it's proper position could be hit by moving parts or ware down rubbing on something. There could be a wire that is not quite secure enough in the connector ends. These are a things to look at. The issue you are having now has nothing to do with this. I was wondering if you could measure the hole centers, if so I have one laying around I could measure as well to see if the holes are where they need to be or not. I think that may help answer this question.

I found that my RF CCTV Camera that looks down on my machine while I listen in the other shop with a wireless intercom blinds the board sensor. The 6 IR LED Lights flood the area with light and the board sensor cannot seen the board edge as it never see's dark...

Shop Lights or CCTV or even... INSIDE the machine LED Lights... ??????? Next time before changing the sensor shut off the lights...

Most of the 8 sensors could have been GOOD...

Just a thought here, are you carving darker woods?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast