Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photo Help

1. Default Photo Help

Hello, I am a new user of the carvewright machine, two projectsPronto.mpc under my belt so far. I am trying to do something for my dog who just passed on yesterday. I have edited his picture in Photoshop to try and lighten the lights and darken some of his features, but I'm still not entirely pleased with how the image seems to be coming out as a pattern. Can someone offer me any tips and tricks to improve the image for carving? Attached is my carvewright file, the original image and the edited image. Thank you so much. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pronto Edit.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	869.4 KB 
ID:	86639Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pronto Original.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	86640

2. Default

I am not sure why I don't see the carvewright file in my original post, I am sure that all 3 files were chosen and attached....

Add an Image from your computer

Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Your file is show in the first line of your post.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I lost my lab back is September. You might try doing your carving as a litho as you will get much better detail. I used your original image. Trying to make a pattern out of a normal image is very difficult to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pronto litho.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

5. Default photo help

fwharris thank you so much. I didn't know Litho was an option - is that only in the Pro software? Thank you. Do you think it will carve well in cedar?

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Your file is show in the first line of your post.

Sorry to hear about your loss, I lost my lab back is September. You might try doing your carving as a litho as you will get much better detail. I used your original image. Trying to make a pattern out of a normal image is very difficult to do.

6. Default

Sorry to hear about your dog, it is heartbreaking.

7. Default

I don't think I can use it, the software says the file was created with a newer version of the software, but I have the most up to date version. I have a feeling it's because I have the basic version. I might have to go a different direction with this.

Quote Originally Posted by slaveault View Post
    fwharris thank you so much. I didn't know Litho was an option - is that only in the Pro software? Thank you. Do you think it will carve well in cedar?
    You can carve this as a litho using the basic version. The only difference is that with the Pro version you can change your board view to see what it would look like as a litho. I've attached it in the basic version.

I do not think it would carve well in wood that is why I suggested the litho type carve. Here are the litho carving instructions. http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...icks_Jan09.pdf

If you prefer wood you might try this. http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...structions.pdf
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I cleaned the picture up a bit, not sure if it will work for you, but here it is. Sorry to hear of your loss.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pronto Original.png  

10. Default

Thank you Mugsowner. I'll try this out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast