Thread: Head Pressure

Default Head Pressure

When I checked the head pressure on my CW, it is reading between 92 to 102 +/-. I followed the direction on how to lower it by adding grease to the clutch area but it is still reading high.

What do I need to do in order to get it back down to where it needs to be. I did test on the number of cranks I can take it after it clicks and after only 2, it is right around 90 then.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Chris

You can remove one of the very thin washers that is on the crank handle shaft.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Did anyone get back with you? I couldn't get the head to go down from a high position, tried everything they said and had to loosen the post bolts now the pressure way to high.

Quote Originally Posted by williamclark View Post
    Did anyone get back with you? I couldn't get the head to go down from a high position, tried everything they said and had to loosen the post bolts now the pressure way to high.
    There are two main issues that can cause the head to move hard or stick. One would be the four posts in the corners, in which all 8 bolts must be loosened at the same time to let it reline itself. When it is fully up tight the top bolts, when it is fully down tighten the bottom bolts. The two lead screws and the gears can also cause this issue,but it is not as common.If the posts are not the issue then we can go through the screw alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by williamclark View Post
    Did you try all of these? http://support.carvewright.com/head-will-not-lower/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.