Thread: reducing carve time

1. Default reducing carve time

Hey, guys, I am new at this game and learning every day. I have a flag project that comes with a cut time of about 4.30 hours. I am using a 1/16 carving bit to cut the project. I want to learn how I can optimize the carving time. Man I would be grateful if anyone could give me some ideas on how I might do this.

Tracy K. Hankins
    U.S. Army Retired
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tracy based on the size and the carvings, I don’t see any areas that could change the time, ther3 is a lot of carving time with the 1/16 “ bit
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

You can do this as all vectors, no patterns and carve regions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12inch flag outline vectors.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

4. Default

I guess my question is, how do I assign lets say, a 1/8 carving bit to different portions of the project? I know I can group text and assign a bit to that group for centerline carving. But can I group an area and assign a larger bit to that. I do not need to use a 1/16 bit for the whole project. And thank you for your response

Using feather has saved time in some carves.
    thanks so much!
    karl

6. Default

hey man that is great. I sure would love to get some more information on how you made the conversions to vector. Thank you again

Quote Originally Posted by tracy.k.hankins@gmail.com View Post
    hey man that is great. I sure would love to get some more information on how you made the conversions to vector. Thank you again
    I removed the carve regions on the stripes leaving just the stripe outlines. I then selected the 60* bit.

For the stars I outlined them and again selected the 60* bit.

Note, I "hide" the star patterns so that they would not show. When you upload to the card you will get a message stating that they are hidden and will not carve.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by tracy.k.hankins@gmail.com View Post
    I guess my question is, how do I assign lets say, a 1/8 carving bit to different portions of the project? I know I can group text and assign a bit to that group for centerline carving. But can I group an area and assign a larger bit to that. I do not need to use a 1/16 bit for the whole project. And thank you for your response
    You can not assign a different carving bit to individual patterns. The carving bit assigned in the board setting applies to all patterns on the board design.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Buy CarveWright