Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Make Pattern

No you do not. Placement and resizing of items on a project layout have nothing to do with the Make Pattern feature.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

No. You change your board size under edit and then "board setting". You can grab your pattern and resize it by grabbing one of the red dots at the edge and pulling out. The pattern can be larger than your board.

You actually use this technique to tile projects so you can make larger projects than the 15 inch width form factor limitation of the machine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW resize pattern.png  
    Last edited by oscarl48; 09-13-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Ok, it just occurred to me why there might be some confusion - and it might be my fault.

I wrote a Tips and Tricks article about making big signs. In that tutorial, I began with a pattern I had made in CorelDraw. I did mention in that tutorial that the layout could be done entirely within Designer, but maybe it gave the impression that a pattern of the entire layout was required (it’s not though).

By any chance, did you read that tutorial and is that the root of the confusion? If so, I apologize for that!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

I think the confusion is on my part. I'm doing shallow carves , and carving both sides. In the video ? large tiled sign. He used the make pattern function in order to carve 3 boards to make 1 big sign. When I try to use this step,,, that is when I get the error message. I guess I need to go back and do some research on all the steps involved. Thank you guys for being here for us rookies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12