Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Font generator does not match error.

Are you running McAfee? If so, turn it off then open Designer and put new project, try Text Tool. Does it work now?

I am told there may be a rule writer in McAfee that you can say "Allow gui.exe" and "Allow fontgen.exe"

Let me know if this works!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Let me give you my observation. I too lost the text button after restoring it by doing the RESTORE DEFAULT font function. But I what had happened is I had ran DISK CLEANUP. I went back did the RESTORE DEFAULT on the fonts page. Still didn't work. Restarted my computer, Bingo, It worked! Went inside to my home computer, Did a DISK CLEANUP. Lost my TEXT BUTTON. Did the RESTORE DEFAULTS on the fonts page. It did not work. Restarted my computer,BINGO, it was once again functional. Hope this helps.

Ok,I have evidently misunderstood this whole process. My program is once again refusing to let me add text and closes the project and erses the work I've done,causing me to have to redo the entire project. This is the message I get after pressing the text tab, Version mismatch, "font generator version does not match designer version GOT: NONE s.b.3.106.38" I have written to Carvewright and get no response. Sept 28th

Connie, I have been having a problem for some time now. I contacted you and reloaded my program. Took the old carvewright program off,put on the new. I got on the the forum and took several of the suggestions there. It will work sometime??? I do nothing or change anything. But other times such as today I cannot do "text" It gives me this message. X error:font generator version does not match designer version Got: NONE s.b. 3.106.38. Another guy on the forum has the same problem. This is very frustrating because when the program closes you lose all your work. I have two computers and the problem is present on both computers. Seems,I'm not sure, but I think if it works on one it works on them both, Baffled by this. Could you please help me resolve this as I am unable to do anything that requires TEXT. I am willing to share my computer with you through a free download called "teamviewer" if you'd like.

Thank you and sincerely,

Can any body help me resolve this issue? Today I reset my fonts to default, Restarted my computer, Took off carvewright totally and reloaded it all to no avail..VERY FRUSTRATED.

Did you turn off McAfee?

Default Fontgen message

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fontgen.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	86713

Posted on Facebook in CarveWright Systems & CarveWright Carvaholics on Sept 21st. (Thought I posted here.) UPDATE: I see I posted it below. It will also pop up, if you type fontgen or part of the message on the Support Search bar.

FONT GENERATOR DOES NOT MATCH ERROR:
    McAfee is blocking gui.exe &/or fontgen.exe from working. 2 choices: 1. turn McAfee off or 2. add "allow gui.exe" & "allow fontgen.exe" into the McAfee rules.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 10-18-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Sorry, I didn't mean to edit your post. (I must be needing more coffee.)

Glad it is working now. That fontgen issue is definitely McAfee.

Connie
    (lynnfrwd)
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 10-19-2018 at 10:20 AM.

we are rolling thanks connie!

How do I get to the McAfee rules to allow gui.exe and allow fontgen.exe?

Instructions given by someone on CarveWright Carvaholic Facebook Group. I do not have McAfee and have not verified.

Dave Lynn: I got this from a Google - It seems to be the answer but I do not have Mcafee: Unblock the applications from the McAfee console on the local system: 1. On the local system, right-click the M icon in the system tray, then select Open console. 2. In the top right, click the Action menu, View Application list, select an application, then choose Approve or Block.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 11-13-2018 at 09:27 AM. Reason: removed link

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123