Thread: Little things I learned

1. Default Little things I learned

Hello guys, longtime user, occasional lurker. I just wanted to share some tips with you guys that I have learned and done over the years since I learned a lot when first starting out by just reading your guys tips.
    On the Belt Trays I used Teflon tape on the aluminium top base. Less friction and wearing of the aluminum and the belts run smother. Sawdust doesn't seem to get under belts and wear the aluminum. I had already upgraded on all my machine's to rubber, but imagine it will work equally as well with the older sandpaper belts. I replaced the tracking damper screw with a standoff from a computer board. No more lost damper when I blow the machine out. Lot less tracking errors on boards also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0012.JPG   IMG_0015.JPG   IMG_0016.JPG   IMG_0023.JPG  

IMG_0024.JPG  
    Hundreds attend Global Warming Protest!!!

Excellent Ideas

Thanks,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

Thank you sir, I know your one of the dozens who's tips I followed, so I figured it is about time to reciprocate to anyone and everyone.
    To continue, since I just got up and running a C model that I picked up cheap and I already had the parts to fix it. One used cut motor and one used spindle cable sheath.
    After running thru 2 FFC cables on my first B model machine, I have taken to apply a 3M Book Tape to the front and back side of the cable about 12" long. Just up to the connector on the board on the back of the Z-truck mount, and thru the first bend in the guide assembly. It stops a lot of the cable droop and hasn't interfered with any of my carve's. Seems to stiffen the cable just enough for if you replace the cable because of one outer broken connection, you don't have to do it again a month later because you were reaching your hands in the machine again for another adjustment/ repair. (Trust me on that one) The FFC cable on this machine I only used a 10" piece because there was nothing wrong with it.
    I gave up the muffler bag along time ago, run a hose directly into my Delta vacuum system. Tore thru to many muffler bags and I figure pulling air thru the motor helps cool it.
    This last one, I'm sure everyone already does, but I don't use a vise to compress the rollers on the roller tray's to change the rubber belts. Just 2 of my trusty Jorgensen clamps. I can maintain constant and even pressure on both sides by squeezing both handles at once.

3M Book tape is listed as...

• Great for repairing, reinforcing and protecting book surfaces and edges. Also conforms to cloth and other surfaces.
    • Permanent, acrylic-based adhesive delivers a sure hold and fights cracking and drying out.
    • Transparent to let you read text underneath.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0966.JPG   IMG_0967.JPG   IMG_0969.JPG   IMG_0970.JPG  

IMG_0971.JPG   IMG_0974.JPG   IMG_0977.JPG   IMG_0978.JPG  

Hundreds attend Global Warming Protest!!!

Great Ideas
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com