Hello Everyone!
I've had my two CW machines for 6 or 7 years now. I use them constantly, rebuilt everything on them several times, and can rebuild them in my sleep. I recently have had a request to make "faux circular saw" like cut lines across the grain of several boards, to make the face of the board to look as if it were cut on a circular saw mill. The boards will measure 8.5"x144"x3/4". I have worked out how to get the weight managable, along with the layout. When I load the project onto the card, it tells me the estimated time is a fraction of the total carve time (for example, a 24" long cut is saying it should only take around 11 minutes but takes closer to 55 minutes). I have run two different lengths of board on my CW, just as a sample. My math tells me that it will take 5.5 to 6 hours to do one board. This is problematic due to the fact that they are asking me to make at least 43 boards. Before anyone suggests it, I have the carve quality set to normal, when I switch it to draft, the estimated time only shortens by a matter of a few minutes. I am using the 3/8 jointing bit and only removing 1/32" of wood per pass with random arched grooves running the width of the board. Am I missing something? Is there any way to speed up the bit and carve speed? The cut is shallow and it is a very gentle curve vector. I think I have attached the smaller 24" long sample file, feel free to download it and open it to see what I'm trying to make. Thanks for the Help!
Josh24 circle mill demo 7 inch 32nd deep demo mode.mpc