Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Man in the tree

Jerry,

Here is a quick attempt. If you have a specific image that you like let me know and I can give it a try.

Oscar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW wood spirit.png   wood spirit small.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Jerry,

Here is a quick attempt. If you have a specific image that you like let me know and I can give it a try.

Oscar
    Just carved it turn out good now to paint it and 2 hrs to carve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1190.JPG  
    Last edited by henry1; 08-26-2018 at 12:41 PM.
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Henry,

Thank you for doing that. Your carving looks great.

Regards,
    Oscar

I'll be carving this maybe tomorrow. Thanks
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Jerry,

Let me know if this works out for you or if you are looking for something more specific.

Regards,
    Oscar

I will Oscar, thanks and thanks BJB too
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

Well I started (about 1 1/2 weeks ago) to set up to do this carve and my Z belt broke while the head was doing the homing thing. I have about 560 hours on the machine. Besides cut motor brushes what else should I look at ordering? I have always ran the ring neck dust collector with a great vacuum hooked to it. Was thinking on getting the Z and Y belts and also the FFC cable. I have a "B" machine and I think the cable is a 14 pin cable from what I've read about my machine. Any suggestions before I order my parts? Thanks for your input.
    CarverJerry

If you have not changed out the Y gear box bearings in the 560 hours. If the cover wire harness plugs into the top of the board on the back of the Y rail then you do have the 14 pin cable.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Floyd, I'm pretty sure I have the 14 pin FFC cable as it's a B machine but here is a pic of the area by the cut motor where the wires from the cover go. Are the screws for the rollers available with out buying the rollers or know what size they are. How about the bearings for the Y motor, available thru LHR? Couldn't find them on the parts page, just the entire Y motor pack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW cut motor view.jpg  
    CarverJerry

I am talking about the wires for the close cover switch. The Z/Y truck bearings come with the screws. http://store.carvewright.com/product...cat=255&page=3

No, CW does not sell the Y gear box bearings. I get mine from vbx bearing https://www.vxb.com/685ZZ-5x11x5-Shi...0-p/kit768.htm

You will need to check the bear box shaft to verify if it is worn or not. If worn you will need to replace the shaft
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast