Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man in the tree

Default Man in the tree

We've all seen trees where someone carved an old man with a beard into the tree. Can't seem to find anything doing a search and was wondering if anyone had any pattern of the sort. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_8055.JPG  
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

WoW, hard to believe no one even commented on this. Is Facebook taking over our forum?
    CarverJerry

ver. 1.188 Win 7- 64b with 6 GB ram @ 2.8Ghz and dual 1Tb hard drives. Rock Chuck & Ringneck vacuum system hooked up to a Harbor Freight large vacuum. Center line text, conforming vectors.

I looked through everything I had and was surprised I did not have anything that fits this. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by CarverJerry View Post
    WoW, hard to believe no one even commented on this. Is Facebook taking over our forum?
    First post ? I think since Joining Forum last year. So don't know if I am doing this right. (thanks for patience)
    I haven;t been able to do much carving since getting my machine as house is now going under rehab since neighbors house explosion not far from our house.
    so here goes.

I do not have a pattern but used the following google search terms and there were some line drawings that came up that may be of use if a person could import in. Of course observing copyright protocol. face in a tree pattern to carve "old man" line art . I am constantly reading on this Forum as it is the meat and potatoes for this machine. I keep thinking it would be great somehow to incorporate the Facebook stream somehow within the Forum and have the option of posting to both, (getting both worlds in "one" place and pulling Facebook folks here..) but I am not that technically savvy. I hope this is of some help? (can't wait to set shop back up and get to putting what I have learned here in the forum to use.) Kitty

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	7 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	86487Sorry could not help looked through my files did not find one. There was a post about a carve like that on the form.

Sorry I didn't jump in earlier, but have been a bit on the busy side. I found one that may work for you. I will look to see if I have any others, but I not holding my breath. Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Jerry; There are Hundreds of images out there. You need your carving tools to carve the patterns in the tree. It is hard to use your CarveWright unit to do that. Send me a PM with your e-mail address. and an image you are looking for. I make my patterns for Donations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture - old man in a tree -2.PNG  
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Jerry,

I completely missed your first post somehow. These are fairly simple to sculpt/create for me. Do you want something similar to the picture or want something different. Also do you want the bark or just the carved face.

Wow, this is giving me all sorts of ideas.

Today, I am super busy but tomorrow I should have some time to build a pattern.

Oscar

P.S. There are a few on the forum as well. Search for "wood spirit".

https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...ht=wood+spirit

I even built one sometime last year. But its pretty bad. I was just learning how to sculpt (digitally) back then.
    Last edited by oscarl48; 08-25-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Thanks for the input from everyone, was beginning to think everyone was out to Lunch. Oscar, just the face, I have a Maple tree in front of my house that I had to cut a very large branch off, was about 28" in diameter by the trunk. It's up about 6' from the ground, thought about putting an address sign there but the wife said she liked the idea of the old man in the tree. Something like the picture I posted, an old man with a long beard. I'm going to carve this on a piece of composite lumber (plastic wood), that way I don't have to be concerned about the weather, it does face south / southwest so it gets everything mother nature puts out. Any help would be great, thanks.
    CarverJerry

Thanks for the input from everyone, was beginning to think everyone was out to Lunch. Oscar, just the face, I have a Maple tree in front of my house that I had to cut a very large branch off, was about 28" in diameter by the trunk. It's up about 6' from the ground, thought about putting an address sign there but the wife said she liked the idea of the old man in the tree. Something like the picture I posted, an old man with a long beard. I'm going to carve this on a piece of composite lumber (plastic wood), that way I don't have to be concerned about the weather, it does face south / southwest so it gets everything mother nature puts out. Any help would be great, thanks.
    Will this image work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture - Man in the Tree image two.PNG   Photos-from-Camera-2_vectorized_DISP.jpg  
    Last edited by bjbethke; 08-25-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast