Thread: Well the air carving turned out to be the z encoder and motor - now

Default Well the air carving turned out to be the z encoder and motor - now

I installed a new z motor and finally have everything working. The carving is not as refined - I am thinking I may have to tighten the z-truck? I can't feel much wiggle but there is a hair.
    The first one is before the trouble started - the second was after the rebuild:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3782.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	86440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3783.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	86441

Second not looking so good....

Something is loose... Same Optimal Setting?
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I did the Best optimal setting - it was a little bit better but not right. The truck is as tight as it should be - Too tight maybe? Also I am thinking the Y is all right but maybe that needs to be tightened? I may go to a long bit for more of a taper. It is a 1/16 carving now - I have a 1/16 long carving.

Quote Originally Posted by vltrnjd View Post
    I did the Best optimal setting - it was a little bit better but not right. The truck is as tight as it should be - Too tight maybe? Also I am thinking the Y is all right but maybe that needs to be tightened? I may go to a long bit for more of a taper. It is a 1/16 carving now - I have a 1/16 long carving.
    The longer bit will not give you any better detail. Set bit optimization to best and on the upload select optimal. The carve quality could also be a dull bit.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

The bit is brand new - for the carvetight spindle in the new z truck. setting it for best helped some but not enough. Now it is sizing the pattern down - I have not had that before - using it on all of the same settings. I am thinking I need to check the x calibration - although it is proportional. It is the same board over and over - I do not keep it under the rollers and have it center on the width and length. I had updated the software version.

Quote Originally Posted by vltrnjd View Post
    The bit is brand new - for the carvetight spindle in the new z truck. setting it for best helped some but not enough. Now it is sizing the pattern down - I have not had that before - using it on all of the same settings. I am thinking I need to check the x calibration - although it is proportional. It is the same board over and over - I do not keep it under the rollers and have it center on the width and length. I had updated the software version.
    Did you get a message at the machine asking about scaling? If so that is why. When the machine measured the board it saw it was smaller in either width or length than what your design called for.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Success - I figured it out - I had cut many different samples into the same board it was throwing the measure off - I taped the board and voila - it worked. I am now adjusting height and depth on the pattern for the right relief. this is close. Thank-you all for your time and patience in working me through this. Heck, its almost a new machine now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3784.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	86449