Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: carve pattern moves to the left during carve

1. Default carve pattern moves to the left during carve

Please help. I am a fairly new carvewright owner ( about 6 months) , havent had any issues with it and love the machine. I was carving a sign with just simple lettering and the carve shifted to the left about a quarter of an inch 15% into the carve. The machine didnt stop, it just kept carving. I cleaned the y rail and the z rail, checked the tension and everything else carvewright told me to try. Nothing works, every carve I do is shifting to the left, sometimes right away, other times half way through the project. Very frustrated. Thanks for any help or sugestionsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	aphoto.jpeg.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	86324Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bphoto.jpeg.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	86325

Did support have you reformat the card and reload your project?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

3. Default

Yes they did have me try that. This problem is happening with every project, not just one particular sign.

Did you check the belts for any missing teeth? Is the belt tension bracket screwed down nice and tight and does the screw have a lock washer? Something is causing the Y travel to get off track. It could even be the Y motor mounting screws to the Y gear box. If one is loose the belt tension can cause the gear Y motor shaft to skip on the gear inside the gear box.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

5. Default

carvewright told me about the belt tension, I took the belt off, checked for missing teeth, everything is screwed down as tight as possible.

Dust. Search: Z encoder 101
    thanks so much!
    karl

To me this is a classic worn bearings in the "Y" Gearbox. Did you buy the machine new or is it new? How many cut hours do you have on the machine.

If this is a new machine then likely the "Y" Gearbox is OK... But if it is a used machine then that is your trouble.

The shaft wears thin when the bearings go bad. Causing the machine to skip some teeth in the "Y" Gearbox.

Then that leaves a dull bit...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00486_WEB.jpg   DSC00488_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

8. Default

i purchased the machine new about 6 months ago from carvewright. I haver about 90 hours on the machine. I have noticed that my last few carves before this happened were a little rough.

I see the project is running very close to the left and right edge. When you cut away the center and the rubber rollers are only holding the board down on a thin edge things can happen.

One thing you can do is masking tape two strips of wood to each side of the project board and make your designer board wider and center in width.

Check for any loose roller bearings. The ones that roll on the rods in "Y" and "Z".

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

10. Default

This has happened with any project I have tried. I sometimes use the universal sled for projects and the same thing happens. I am going to check the Y gear box tomorrow like you suggested, I hope that is the answer. I was going to try again today, but i'm getting error messages just while measuring the board. Measures the width, but when it measures the length I get check sensor message. more problems.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast