Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changed out the Z truck for the Carve tight - now Close Cover error won't stop

Default Changed out the Z truck for the Carve tight - now Close Cover error won't stop

I cannot tell if the Z-truck upgrade solved the air carving issue because now the close cover error can't be cleared. I took it all back apart and checked all of the connections from the cover on out. I think it is a problem with the white plug on the cut off cable - the plastic is crumbling and it may not be making a tight connection. I have ordered a new one and the other switch cable just in case. I ordered a new card just in case also. I am now wondering if I should have ordered a new head termination electronics board. If the cable is not plugging in well enough it may not be the cable side of the plug. By the time I get this up and running it will be a completely new machine inside. I just wanna carve not be the electronics expert on how to fix it. sigh.

If you are talking about the wiring on key board end of the clear cover that is probably your issue. The cover switch on that end is the one that controls the close cover switch.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    If you are talking about the wiring on key board end of the clear cover that is probably your issue. The cover switch on that end is the one that controls the close cover switch.
    I did not open that one. I did open the right side, then checked the wire connections on that side, then I checked the black plug on that left side of the cover close to the key pad and the lines to the controller panel ending in the white plug in. I will give a look at the left side small closure on the cover close to keypad and the clear cover. Thanks!

The left switch is the one that is giving problems. Could be the plug is inserted 180 degrees out.... That will give you a 100% open cover. White wire in the cable toward the center of the machine. The plug can be forced in 180 degrees out... I did it...
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    The left switch is the one that is giving problems. Could be the plug is inserted 180 degrees out.... That will give you a 100% open cover. White wire in the cable toward the center of the machine. The plug can be forced in 180 degrees out... I did it...
    I will look at it.

Well.... I changed out the FCC cable, the head termination board, the cut off switch cable, and the AC motor cut off cable. When I was doing it the controller cutoff switch - on the side of the cover closest to the computer pad - looked weak and crumbly. Sure enough when it all went back together all I got was the cover open error. Arrgh - I feel like Men in Black - I crawled in and made it back out - but I have to go in again to that giant cockroach. New switch on order. I had some confusion about how the ends of the cable were to lay inside of the switch - where they come in contact with each other or with the little copper in between them. Does anyone know which way it goes?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MIBroachescape.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	86345

Do a board sensor test with a sheet of white paper on the board. Should be a 156 to be perfect.

The reason I ask is that a pinched board sensor wire will give you a open cover all the time because it takes out the 5 volts used for the board sensor.

Can you explain the wire question again. You lost me... Do you mean the FFC Cable? Yes, it is one sided and you can see the contacts on the plugs to know what way to fold the cable.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Do a board sensor test with a sheet of white paper on the board. Should be a 156 to be perfect.

The reason I ask is that a pinched board sensor wire will give you a open cover all the time because it takes out the 5 volts used for the board sensor.

Can you explain the wire question again. You lost me... Do you mean the FFC Cable? Yes, it is one sided and you can see the contacts on the plugs to know what way to fold the cable.

AL
    I will look at that once I can get it to do anything but give me the error message. No I have the FCC cable in correctly - there was a small nick on the edge of the old one that I was not sure if it broke part of the first wire or not. Those are inexpensive enough that it was worth changing out to be sure. The quest involves the cover switch closest to the key pad - or I call it the left side. I will try to draw a picture. I am not sure how to make the picture larger.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	left-switch.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	86350

You can troubleshoot this by using sensor data on the screen. It could be a physical problem too as in the tab on the clear cover could be broken off. Manually push the left switch in while monitoring the LCD.

And check the orientation of the plug, white wire to the center of the machine.

And does the board senor work? Do you have 5 volts working?

You can troubleshoot this by using sensor data on the screen. It could be a physical problem too as in the tab on the clear cover could be broken off. Manually push the left switch in while monitoring the LCD.

And check the orientation of the plug, white wire to the center of the machine.

And does the board senor work? Do you have 5 volts working?
    The board sensor is working well - I will check the orientation of the plug. I will give the test a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast