Thread: Z truck movement(sluggish)

Default Z truck movement(sluggish)

When my CW is setting up to carve,,, the Z truck movement left to right (like when measuring board) seems to be sluggish. It just started doing this. Why is this happening ? Seems to cut just fine, not sluggish at all.

In my opinion it is a bearing problem... either a dry roller rail bearing that is stiff and not turning free or it is a bad "Y" Gearbox. Likely it is both... Have you been changing your "Y" Gearbox bearings... the 685ZZ Metric Bearings? If not... and you have over 250 cut hours then likely the shaft is worn after bad 685ZZ Bearings.

With the worn shaft your fix is to replace the gearbox and motor a $90.00 fix... OR you can get in on Tim's $7.00 fix where he is offering the shaft that you press out of the plastic gear. You will need two 685ZZ Bearings too. Find Tim's offer in the For Sale section.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00486_WEB.jpg   DSC00488_WEB.jpg   DSC08063_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

My unit only has 140 hrs. It cuts fine, only sluggish when setting up or measuring. What would you suggest I do next.

Take a video and post it... This could be normal operations...
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Ok lol, how do I post a video. I have never posted one.

Quote Originally Posted by tpf3 View Post
    Ok lol, how do I post a video. I have never posted one.
    Neither have I.... But I do have a cell phone now... resisted for years... It takes videos... Not sure if the file size would be too big... I have seen some links to videos posted elsewhere...

Someone will likely chime in on how to do it... I am betting that what you are seeing is normal... but can't be sure...

AL

Many ways to do it. Create a Google login if you don't have one and upload the video to You Tube - the web site will guide you. Your video will have a url address that you just copy and past into a post here.