Thread: Trying to get this right, the first time

Default Trying to get this right, the first time

I am trying to do a 2-part pattern on two pieces and get them lined up... The trouble with this is that I only get one chance. This is a barrel top that has 9 tongue and groove slats, of various widths. I have divided them into two pieces a 11+" piece and a 9+" piece. I have the pattern established, now any ideas on how to make them carve as close to perfect on the two separate boards as possible, because shaving off is not an option. Any thoughts folks?
    Thanks,
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BT Pic 4.PNG   BT Pic 3.PNG   BT Pic 1.JPG   BT Pic 2.JPG  

Attached Files Attached Files
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

You need some extra on the open side of the carve for the rollers, so glue a piece on and cut it off after the carve.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Clint,
    Thanks for your response, but I always forget pertinent info like, it will be mounted on a sled when I carve it!
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

I would cut each half a little wide and use the table saw and/or a shaper or router table to cut the "locking lip".
    Steve