Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hole alignment

Default Hole alignment

Can someone please tell my why the holes in the center column do not line up? It is the second, fourth, and sixth from the top that are out of alignment. It does not look too bad in the picture but in real life it is very noticable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 12.10.47 PM.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Dale,

Did it drill across the 3 hole direction? If so, you would want to check the y belt, gear. loosen and re-tighten the pulley on the right.

I have also had sawdust/chips in the rollers that cause unpredictable results.

No it goes top to bottom, you can actually see the board move when it comes to those three holes. I have tried this several times and it does the same thing.

Sounds like something a little askew in the machine code for that line. Try deleting that line, and copying over the one from the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    No it goes top to bottom, you can actually see the board move when it comes to those three holes. I have tried this several times and it does the same thing.
    If it looks okay on the screen then it's probably the machine. Check X gear box for missing teeth on one of the wheels. Re-flashing and formatting the data card may help. Did you use masking tape along the tracking roller edge?
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 07-09-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Steve

It is not the mpc. I just ran it and the holes drilled just fine. I did not even stay under the rollers. I saw the x gears twitch at each hole but the board did not actually move as each row was drilled.

I would reflash the card and then if the board still moves, worry about the brass roller or x drive.

This is a really short board. Are you using a sled or other means to keep it under the rollers?
    Steve

Thanks for the ideas, This is just small section of a pattern for holes for a cribbage board. All 360 some hole comes out fine except for those three holes . I do use tape and the whole pattern is 13" long so if it was a X gear problem I would think it would show up more than just on the 2,4 and 6 hole of the center row. I will try reflashing and reformatting the card and see if that helps.

That blows my theory that having a "Restraint" on some of the holes is the problem...

So I am back in the "Y" Gearbox camp again...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Success! reflashing and reformatting the card did the trick. I should have thought of that myself. Again thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast