Thread: Check for Board Problem error message

Default Check for Board Problem error message

Hi All,

After 5 years, I have a new one.
    I have an 8' 2x8 board.
    I did a "measure board" function, just to make sure it would track correctly
    I selected Jog to Corner
    After finding surface, when you would expect the carve to start, it pops the "check for board problem" no other codes or information. It goes back to the project menu.

3 repeats of message with a machine restart in between.

Any ideas?

I found this... http://support.carvewright.com/possi...oblem-message/

I suspect that it is do to the length of the board and possible support issue.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Dian,
    An 8 foot 2 X 8 is very heavy and will tax the machine to the limits and maybe beyond. I have carved signs on a 1" X 6" board that was 8 feet long and had a lot of problems. Your board is more than twice as heavy and it will be very critical to provide support beyond the in feed and out feed tables that will keep the board exactly level. You will probably need two extra roller supports on each end. Even then there will other problems like tracking and keeping the board from drifting away from the guide plate. Using omni-directional support rollers may help. The board will need to be flat with square corners, especially on the corner where the tracking roller is. I don't think you will find a suitable board off of the shelf so you will need a good table saw, a planer and maybe a drum sander. Boards that long are rarely without twists, warps or cupping.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 07-08-2018 at 12:14 PM.
    Steve

Thanks gentlemen.. I figured if the measurement completed successfully, it would run.

I have 3 outfeed rollers on each side...I used a level, but that bubble was not perfectly centered. Dang it.

My 13" planer doesn't like 2x8s either

Off to re examine it all.

Cleaned the rubber belts of the light dust. Cleaned the top rollers.
    Used an 8' level instead of 4' (more on this later )
    Made the roller ends perfectly perpendicular to machine and centered under board
    Ran tape down both edges of board, not just the tracking side
    Ran the board measurement - failed
    Peeked up under at the edge of the board at the in feed side and it was just ever so slightly raised..maybe an 1/8
    While the rollers were level with the inside of the machine with a level clamped down in there, when the board was running through it pointed up and away from the rollers.
    Raised the rollers to meet the board as it exited, the last one was a 1/4 inch off. Using the level on the board there was no indication of bow. I suspect that the board weight pressed down more on the belt system than the level did, causing it to tip up slightly. Or when I clamped the level I did not crank down as hard as I did the board.

She is running the job

I can not express how much I appreciate the speedy response! You guys rock!!!