Thread: Does 'Paste' actually work?

Default Does 'Paste' actually work?

I have tried and tried and tried to be able to copy and paste something in the editing program for scanned images. I create a selection rectangle and select copy. Paste never becomes available. So this tells me that I am somehow not properly selecting the object to be copied. Has anyone actually copied pasted in the editor program?
    Happy carving , Jeff Birt

Check out www.soigeneris.com for CarveWright Accesories.

Home of the 'Carving in the Dark' back lit LCD kit!

Cool Pasting

Jeff, Trying to "paste" from another program,except for print in Word to a TEXT BOX.........NOPE!!!

If you have an item on another mpc that you want....... open it, select it, right click and copy it. Then, MINIMIZE that mpc. Open the mpc you're working on and right click, then PASTE. If you close the mpc you copied from, it won't work. Just from my experience.
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

No, Sarge I'm referring specifically to the scanned file editing program here. When you scan something with the probe you can then edit it (or any other pattern) with the editing program. As I said I can select a region and even 'Cut' it, just not copy&paste.

thanks for the tip Sarge I wondered if that worked like that. I ended up with 8 patterns open at the same time today i hit the window restore down button for some reason and all of the files were tiled and visible. It makes it easy to switch between with them if you can see them.
    Jeff how do you import a file from a scan into designer? My probe is still back ordered. does a new software option unlock after it is connected?
    Last edited by Gman_Ind; 04-01-2007 at 12:05 AM.
    Mike G
    Custom wood working, etc, www.gmanind.com

Cool Paste

OH!!!!!!!! I don't have a probe, so I don't have a clue about editing program. I can only resize, cut, paste and move stuff in my Designer. Is that something additional that comes with the probe?
    Are ya smoking canine fecal matter, AGAIN????

http://home.att.net/~inabnitt/wsb/ht...out.html-.html

Yep, it's a diffrent part of the software. Gives you a split screen view of a scanned item (or .ptn file), with the 3D Designer view on the left and the greyscale view on the right. You can do basic stuff like raise/lower the object, clean it up, smooth etc. Just can't copy/paste!

Sorry for hijacking your thread Jeff. Check out this video of the probe in action. it shows the probe split screen Jeff describes.
    Mike G

I just heard back from CW today, called and talked to them a few days ago about this problem. The short answer is that copy/paste does not work within Pattern Editor itself. You can copy a section of a patttern and paste it onto a board though (well, it bring up the import screen first). They are working on fixing copy/paste now I'll post again when I hear more.

I just wanted to elaborate on Jeff's post. Since I have a little experience with the pattern editor finally. still no paste yet but...
    I have been using the pattern editor a little it is great for cleaning up imported photos, jpegs, etc and patterns already in your favorites. It should be part of the image import utility IMHO. I can clean up the jaggies and speckles with it making better carvings. I have a skull carving that the poor fella ends up with a hole in his skull, I had no way to fill he hole now we do (besides photo editing and re-importing). I don't have to lower so much during the import and lose detail. We can edit after the scan to remove the noise and leave the detail.
    Mike G