Thread: Learning conforming vectors

1. Default Learning conforming vectors

Hi All,

I recently added conforming vectors, Pattern Modeling 3d & Stl importer. I open designer go under help choose tutorial the one I am trying to follow is House Number sign. I can get my board with the grid, but when I try to do the arc, I do not get what the tutorial shows. Is there any other video's out there that can explain? I know sometimes the old timers would do a video showing the actual steps. I greatly appreciate any help ANYONE can send my way. I am trying to learn this.

Thank you
    Loriblackdog

Lori,

Conforming Vectors is the Designers way of carving on the bottom of a carve region. For example:
    Draw a rectangle and make it a carve region
    Inside the carve region, draw a line
    With the line selected, assign the 90 degree v-bit to a depth of .07"
    Nothing happens because the bit is carving the line to a depth that is more shallow than the carve region so it just carves air.
    With the line still selected, click on the "Conform" tool on the toolbar
    The bit assignment will now show up because the conforming vectors tool is forcing a measurement from the bottom of the carve region instead of the surface of the board.

There are many other applications of the Conforming Vectors tool but this is basically how it works.

I received your PM but I think I have answered your question here.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 07-07-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    Steve

4. Default

Hi Steve,

Once again to my rescue....Thanks for your help, now it makes a little sense.

Loriblackdog

5. Default

Hi DIane,

Thank you so much for this link....I have bookmarked it and will do the practice lessons. Have a great day

Loriblackdog