Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calibration range error

Try this tutorial: ACCESSORIES / Rotary Jig / Troubleshooting Rotary Jig Calibration

For me, the jig had issues even when it was new. While using the original setup I tried everything. Even disassembling the jig and adding an extra washer behind the geared drive wheel to keep it from rubbing. Removing the jig from the machine and starting over again didn't help much either. There was a difference in the rotational calibration most of the time and getting the same results each time was difficult. If I was lucky enough to finally get it to calibrate there were still issues with the rotation not going a full 360 degrees. There are procedures to force an over carve but that didn't seem to help much either.

You had stated that you had tried increasing the head pressure by following the instructions so I thought decreasing it or playing with it may help.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-27-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    Steve

3. Default

I uploaded a video of myself going through the calibration process. If anyone sees what I am doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Also, here are some photos of the jig, the setup, and the scale showing the head pressure that I get by "leaning" on the machine a bit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7074.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	86170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7078.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	264.5 KB 
ID:	86171Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF7088.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	212.9 KB 
ID:	86172

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dbemus View Post
    Try this tutorial: ACCESSORIES / Rotary Jig / Troubleshooting Rotary Jig Calibration
    I followed that tutorial to the letter about a dozen times already. No luck. Thanks.

5. Default

So, the bottom line here is this (correct me if I am wrong): pay $350 for a rotary jig from LHR, find out it does not work as advertised, hack it apart, and try to build a mod that actually works. Such mod no doubt invalidates the warranty and guarantees no support on the jig going forward (assuming there ever was a warranty on the jig in the first place).

Am I the only one that sees a problem with this?

My Rotary Jig works perfectly. I will swap mine for yours because I’m confident yours will work for me too.

I’m serious. Contact me if you are interested.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

My rotary jig works perfectly for me too!!! Congrats to Michael for his generous offer!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post
    My Rotary Jig works perfectly. I will swap mine for yours because I’m confident yours will work for me too.

I’m serious. Contact me if you are interested.
    Thank you for your generous offer. I am not confident that your jig will work any better for me than the one I have. I posted a video below of me going through the calibration process. I posted photos, too. What would be great is if someone would watch the video and help me figure out what is going wrong, i.e., what am I doing incorrectly. Without that knowledge, swapping jigs is not likely to make much of a difference.

Your video doesn't open for me. All I see is a black rectangle??? I will be traveling tomorrow, but hopefully someone can open the video and help. I am sure a solution will be found!

I think all of us that are having trouble with the jig are just making this stuff up to cause trouble. All joking aside, I really don't know why some seem to have nothing but trouble with the jig and others do not. I would like to see some statistics on how many are actually using the jig without any problems. When I was making the candle holders I ruined a couple of hundred dollars of exotic wood before switching to the drive rail setup.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-29-2018 at 09:30 AM.
    Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast