Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Burning, How to stop it.

Most of the time I think it is an advantage that the software selects feed rates. I can imagine the learning curve for setting these yourself (as with other CNC machines) would likely be non-trivial. I suspect novice users especially would have problems with setting incorrect feed rates. But yes in this case the software may be at fault, and having the ability to change a default setting would be one answer. Good luck and please keep us informed of the outcome, as I'm sure others are also having this problem.

By carefully choosing the max pass depth, I think one can get the machine to do a shallow finish pass. Might be worth a try.

3. Default

Don't know if I'm quite following you on this one bergerud. Could you explain what you mean?

Suppose you want to make the cut at 0.325". If you choose the max path depth to be 0.15", the machine will make three passes. The first two will be at 0.15" and the last one will be 0.025" since 0.325 = 0.15+0.15+0.025. This way one can control the depth of the last pass. The last shallow pass would produce less heat and, hopefully, clean up any burn marks.

Worth a try. Experiment.

thanks so much!
    karl

6. Default

Ok I see what you are saying. Yes it will be worth a try. Il let you know how it turns out. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12