Thread: Error While Carving with Carrier Board

Default Error While Carving with Carrier Board

I loaded a board that 9"x48" on a carrier board thats 12x48 and after it measures the board it goes to the right side of the board and tries to touch off on the slider plate, but it touches on the carrier board instead. Then it gives me the error Ensure Slider Plate something something. I have carved several times with this carrier board with smaller project boards and have not had this. What gives, how do I fix it?

thanks!

If the slider is involved then you must have a cut path. You could put a small block of the same thickness wood next to the 9 inch wood to make up the difference between 9 and 12 inch wide.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

When measuring the board, does the head travel all the way to the edge of the carrier, or does it stop short (like at the edge of your project board)?

It stops just after the project board and touches off on the carrier board. I'm assuming that it is looking for the slider but hits the carrier instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    If the slider is involved then you must have a cut path.
    Correct! I guess I was wondering why it was touching off on that side, when my other signs haven't. I have a few cut paths in the shape of circles with a 1/2" hole in the center that I will be using to put in my ring master. Very excited about this as it will save me alot of time cutting those rings out with a jig saw!

Quote Originally Posted by lesuer27 View Post
    It stops just after the project board and touches off on the carrier board. I'm assuming that it is looking for the slider but hits the carrier instead.
    When measuring in Y the sensor needs to find the edge of your carrier, not your project board. I use carriers with end cap boards and position the end cap under the sensor so that it always measures the carrier. What does your carrier look like? Photo?

Its just a 12x48" piece of MDF and I tape a piece of 3.5" board on each end of the project, but nothing that runs along the long edge of the project.

What are the axis labels of the machine,

Example Z up and down, X in and out, and Y left to right (from keypad to touchoff place)?

Quote Originally Posted by lesuer27 View Post
    Its just a 12x48" piece of MDF and I tape a piece of 3.5" board on each end of the project, but nothing that runs along the long edge of the project.

What are the axis labels of the machine,

Example Z up and down, X in and out, and Y left to right (from keypad to touchoff place)?
    Example Z up and down, X in and out, and Y left to right (from keypad to touchoff place)? That is correct!

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.