Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calibration range error

1. Default Calibration range error

Setting up to run a rotary project for the first time. Running the rotary calibration, the machine rotates well past the starting point for the calibration. I use the arrow keys to rotate it back to the starting point, press 1 to keep, and the machine gives me a Calibration Range Error. Any suggestions?

3. Default

Thanks, but I read that entire thread before posting. I checked the head pressure and my problems continue regardless of how many times I try.

Awhile back Bergerud developed an alternate setup for the Rotary Jig. Essentially, it eliminates all of the pulleys and belts and uses a drive rail instead of a belt rolling on the rubber belts of the CW. We talked about it in the senior member forum and I have used it exclusively since then. It really does work much better than the original design. One only has to calibrate once and the jig works good every time. If it's okay with him, I will post the pics and the setup info here. However, I must add, this is not a project for the faint of heart. It requires tinkering and modifications to the jig.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-26-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Steve

5. Default

Thanks. I would be interested in learning about the mod.

For what it's worth, the head pressure is 90 pounds. The jig is set and aligned per the instructions. I've gone over it, step by step, at least two dozen times. The jig simply does not want to calibrate.

Try playing with the head pressure. Crank the head all the way down on the jig and "bump" it back a little. Also, be sure the project board is not too tight in the jig.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-26-2018 at 07:00 PM.
    Steve

Here is a pic of my setup. Note the absence of all belts and pulleys and the shim under the right end of the jig for leveling. The ends of the jig are resting on the alignment plate on the left and the sliding plate on the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rotary Jig.jpg   Tapered Twisted Pair.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 06-26-2018 at 07:20 PM.
    Steve

8. Default

Just tried bumping the pressures back. No luck. Project board seems to be OK in the jig, it turns freely by hand. Also, for what it's worth, I tried calibrating with the jig in my second machine, got almost identical results.

Unfortunately, the rotary jig seems very fickle to calibrate. LHR has said that it works better with more head pressure. Push down a little on the head as you crank it down. Make sure the jig is right up against the squaring plate .

10. Default

Thanks. I've already tried more head pressure via pressing down and everything is perfectly aligned. and set. I'm at the point now where I'm looking at a $350 piece of garbage that I know LHR will blame me for having problems with. Beyond frustrated at this point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast