Thread: Z Axis issues for vector text

1. Default Z Axis issues for vector text

I have two machines, both C models. I carved the same project on both machines. The project has centerline and outline text on the board surface (i.e., not conforming vectors). Using the same 60 degree V bit on both machines (CarveTight bit). Boards are the exact same thickness . On machine A, the text is carved perfectly. Machine B carves way too deep -- the text is almost illegible.

Sounds like something went wrong during the Homing process when the bit was checking Board thickness and the Z-Zero location. (Could also be a slipping bit during carving.)

Is this a repeatable problem, or did it happen just this one time?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

3. Default

Repeatable. Bit was checked when I removed it, it was tight.

In the past, others have had this problem with C machines and LHR provided a software fix. If I were you, I would contact LHR. They will know from your serial number if you need the patch.

In my opinion it is all about the BIT PLATE.... Do a test... Install a v 60 bit. Move the Z all the way up to the pin. Select Sensor Data, Z Data. It will be 0000 since it is just a counter.

Move the head over and lightly touch the Bit Plate. record the data. Do for both machines. One is bent DOWN.

Another in a long line of WAG's... Wild AL Guesses.

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com