Thread: SOLD: Two A machines with upgrades and Rock chucks for sale

Default SOLD: Two A machines with upgrades and Rock chucks for sale

I've put this off for too long, its time to close that part of my life. Not at all happy about it, but it needs to be done. Location is in SW Ohio. For those that don't know me, https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...ght=docwheeler

Machines for sale – Here is the first one, it will be a day or two before I can get someone to get the other one out of the box so I can get data and pictures.

Machine ID – A.H.002.582
    Total On time – 378 Hrs. 39 Min.
    Servo time – 301 Hrs. 51 Min.
    Cut motor time – 187 Hrs. 7 Min.
    Scanning time – 48 Minutes.
    Rock chucks on both machines.
    Both machines with updated Z package.
    The cabinet is for sale also, the two-speed blower has worked well for me for all of my carving.
    Plus, a scanning probe, card, card-reader, and bits.
    I also have some Quick Chuck stuff including a balanced QC.

It was fun while I was able to do it, but the party is over for me at this time. My body can no longer do it and I’ve lost my computer that had all of my stuff on it. Both machines were rebuilt shortly before I stopped using them about two years ago.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	855.0 KB 
ID:	85989Click image for larger version. 

Name:	008.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	449.8 KB 
ID:	85990Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	475.2 KB 
ID:	85991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	506.5 KB 
ID:	85992

I'd like a fair price for the machines which I think is about $500 with the bits being separate.
    I'm posting here first before going to eBay or elsewhere.
    If anyone is interested in the cabinet or other stuff, make an offer.
    Last edited by DocWheeler; 05-17-2018 at 09:58 PM. Reason: add link
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

I just wanted to add a little more information. These two machines are not my original machine, they are the second and third. My first machine was retired several years ago.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

- Thomas Jefferson

- Mohandas Gandhi

Doc, I'm sorry to hear this. Best wishes for you to find enjoyment and spend time with loved ones in the next chapter. We certainly have appreciated all of your contributions to those many that have been assisted by you. You are a CarveWright pioneer with us since the beginning.
    God bless you and keep in touch.
    Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Thank you Connie, the things I made and friends I met on this forum were a big part of my life. I've missed them for the past year or so.

I miss some of the folks from earlier times like Ken M from lower Michigan, Bud from just north of me here in Ohio, ChrisAlb, and a couple of Jerry's - long enough ago that the spelling of their last names are gone from memory (even Bud's real name). I've only met one fellow CarveWright user, Michael Tyler, and just missed a visit from Ask Bud when he stopped by when I wasn't home. In thinking back, I never sold a single thing I created, I gave every thing away, I just enjoyed the creations and challenges (and of course seeing the creations of others).

I hadn't expected my brain injury to cause me further disability, but after overcoming my arthritis, the deterioration of my my trunk muscles made sitting erect too difficult to be productive and led to my need to move to a power wheelchair. Cleaning-up after being in the shop became more of a task than the work done in the shop - no fun in that! I've been blessed with so much in my eighty years, I'd like to think I've dealt well with my challenges in this lifetime, and I'd like to get some of the things out of my shop so that my wife doesn't have to deal with them. As much as I've tried I never found anyone in my family that shared my interest in the cnc routing/carving.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

- Thomas Jefferson

- Mohandas Gandhi

Ken,

Good to see you back, sad to see you are giving it up. You have been missed. I dropped a Facebook PM to ChrisAlb to check in. He is back driving Trucks again and busy.

I am interested in your rock chucks when you sell the units. So let the new owner know I will buy them if they go to a Carvetite.

Thanks Buddy,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Hi, Al; I was wondering how long it would take you to ask about the chucks. I would have offered them to you but that would not have been good for anyone interested in the machines - although there seems to be little interest despite them having very little use since being rebuilt.

Glad to hear that Chris is back a-truckin', the boy had me worried.

I had stopped in occasionally here on the forum, it seems different than it was five or six years ago (or ten?).
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

- Thomas Jefferson

- Mohandas Gandhi

Funny, I delayed my post about the Rock Chucks waiting for a reply on Facebook from ChrisAlb. With the CT being the standard now I would expect them to upgrade.

Yes, the machines are still fully functional with the Rock Chucks except for some extra long bit work. Enough guys here are doing production work you will likely soon get a request.

Even for the cost of the Computer inside the machines would be worth it... I toasted a computer a few years ago and had one from eBay from 2008 that got me back up and running quick. The old one was full of sawdust and overheated.

With all the new CNC's on the market it takes a scaled down user like me to be dedicated to the CarveWright and the Forum reflects that as many with bigger format needs have moved on to bigger machines. So the core group here NOW are MORE understanding of the limitations of the CW and exploit the MANY POSITIVE TRAITS of the System and the Evolving Designer Software. Rarely do we see a Negative Post as the guys that needed a bigger format have moved on.

I have 4 Machines but only have one that I am using. Cut 2 wood signs this week, a first in a few years. Gave that up but was talked into one as a Wedding Gift and one as a Storm Damage replacement. Fire Stuff takes up my time. I am cutting some handles for Accountability Boards this week and the machine is PERFECT for this task.

I sit on the fence wondering if I want to retire the business next year when I start collecting Social Security. I found a local guy that has the same Printing Equipment that could take over my Fire Tag Business and service the old customers that add new members and need a few new tags. So that is good... But keeping the business going for a few more years has Tax benefits too. So would a $1K investment in 2 more machines be a good fit for the Business? I need to drop $1K into some extra long Grommets and a new Grommet Machine to do the new Metal Tags I have in the works... So expand or retire... ?? A 12 hour road trip to see Ken....

The pictures show the inside of a dusty smoked computer... Anyone doing production work... Having the spare parts would be a good investment.

Still happy with 1.187.... Have not done the 1.188 yet.

So final question Ken... DO you have the shipping boxes?

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02623_WEB.jpg   DSC02624_WEB.jpg   DSC02628_WEB.jpg   DSC02642_WEB.jpg  

DSC02629_WEB.jpg   DSC02630_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-22-2018 at 12:42 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Yep, I have the boxes, one was made by my son-in-law who works in corrugated. My Rock chucks have accessories like different collets, I'll have to look again to see where the half-inch chuck-part is as I don't recall seeing it in the drawer. I would include everything if you came for it all (both machines). I vacationed in PA a few years back, it didn't take that long and I doubt we were a hundred miles from you.

How is your step-dad doing?
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

- Thomas Jefferson

- Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks Ken,

That is a great offer. Step Dad is doing well.

Money Talks... So I have decided to purchase both machines from Ken and have them shipped.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 05-23-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Made contact with Ken so the machines are off the market and going to a new home. I am honored to get the machines from a guy that I respect and honor.

AL