Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Override the "scale to length" prompt

Default Override the "scale to length" prompt

Newbie....wasn't sure which category this question went in.

I often get the error prompt for my board not being the correct size. This machine is PICKY when it comes to exactness. I try to get as close as I can the exactness for board size. I leave an inch top and bottom and the 7" rule so I figure it's safe to say "no thanks" in the "scale board to size" prompt. I know I've been able to say "no thanks" in the past...however on todays cut it wasn't an option. It was "scale board" or "change board". I had to go with scale...I figured I was 1/16" at best off so how bad could it change the cut. WOW! It took my 14" x 6" cut and turned it into a 9" x 4" cut. That was quite the scale!

Has anyone NOT had the option to bypass the scale board option? Other than be exact in measurement - How can I avoid such a drastic size discrepancy?

Thanks!!!

RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by CheriWhite View Post
    Newbie....wasn't sure which category this question went in.

I often get the error prompt for my board not being the correct size. This machine is PICKY when it comes to exactness. I try to get as close as I can the exactness for board size. I leave an inch top and bottom and the 7" rule so I figure it's safe to say "no thanks" in the "scale board to size" prompt. I know I've been able to say "no thanks" in the past...however on todays cut it wasn't an option. It was "scale board" or "change board". I had to go with scale...I figured I was 1/16" at best off so how bad could it change the cut. WOW! It took my 14" x 6" cut and turned it into a 9" x 4" cut. That was quite the scale!

Has anyone NOT had the option to bypass the scale board option? Other than be exact in measurement - How can I avoid such a drastic size discrepancy?

Thanks!!!

You can't bypass it. The actual board must be the same size or larger than the virtual board in the Designer. Make the actual board at least an extra inch in width and, of course, the extra 7 inches in length. I almost always use "Center on Board" and say no to "Stay Under Rollers" unless there is some specific reason to do otherwise. As long as your actual board is slightly larger than your virtual board in the Designer it will not ask to scale. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER SCALE! It will almost always never work out.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 05-07-2018 at 04:29 PM.
    Steve

No to stay under rollers??? eek....

Ok I'll try to run it again with the new virtual board sizes.

Thanks!

Great article! Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CheriWhite View Post
    No to stay under rollers??? eek....
    That way if you're a fraction of an inch off you won't get the 'scale prompt and you'll still be under the rollers in most cases.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

George
    Life is short....drink the good wine first!

Tricking the machine?? I know the material is there.....

So with the smaller "fake board" measurements in Designer I keep getting the error message that says it won't cut the top part of the project. I know there's an inch of material on the width on top and bottom and 8" on the length.....PLUS my little space left on the board.

Which option should I choose?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (32).png 
Views:	13 
Size:	446.4 KB 
ID:	85922

Just choose manual jig. The machine will be ok with it when it measures the real board to be larger than the project board.

Just click "Ignore"
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast