Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Frustrated

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Red Deer, AB Canada
    Posts
    43

    Default Frustrated


    0 Not allowed!
    I'm starting to think my CX machine was built on a Friday the 13th of a long weekend and everyone was trying to get out of work to leave town.

    I'm a teacher and my Parent Council gave me the money to purchase a new machine since I changed schools and had to leave my Version B (9 yrs old) machine for the new guy.
    I have even offered to switch machines with him but no go.
    Unfortunately, the new machine was bought last year and I was on a leave for half a year so the warranty is kaput. So, it wasn't up and running until this past September.

    I've had more errors with this machine in 8 months than I did in 8 years with the other machine.
    It gives me a Y-axis stall now and again and it's because the connections on the back seem loose. I give them a little push and all is good.
    It took me forever to figure out the 'close cover' error even though it was closed. Turns out there were loose connections there as well.
    Every time I do a cutout, the machine starts the cutout but within 10 secs it stops and tells me to check the cut motor and all I do is push enter and it cuts for the rest of the project.
    I love doing crib boards but when I use a carrier I used with my old machine this new machine asks if it is in a jig so I say yes but then when it goes to find the surface it won't raise the bit high enough and the bit gets rammed into the side of the project.
    I purchased the Universal Carrier and carved one project successfully but that's it only one. Seems the machine wouldn't jog far enough so I made the touch hole on the side larger but this machine won't do the three bobs and ask for board thickness. I've tried it with the touch blocks right side up, upside down, and without them at all. (I know that's for a whole other thread but still a frustration.)

    Anyway, just had to vent.

    Cheers!

  2. #2

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    What version of software and what version of firmware are you using?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Red Deer, AB Canada
    Posts
    43

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Software Version 3.102
    Firmware Version 3.102.12440

  4. #4

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Firmware version 3.103 has an update that may correct your Check Cut Motor problem - it cured mine.

    http://www.carvewright.com/firmware-update/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vancouver Island
    Posts
    8,103

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDuke View Post
    I love doing crib boards but when I use a carrier I used with my old machine this new machine asks if it is in a jig so I say yes but then when it goes to find the surface it won't raise the bit high enough and the bit gets rammed into the side of the project.
    If you say yes to in a jig you will be invoking the "flip-in-jig" procedure which I do not think you really want. (see: https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...429#post227429) As to why the bit gets rammed into the side of the project, I have no clue.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDuke View Post
    I purchased the Universal Carrier and carved one project successfully but that's it only one. Seems the machine wouldn't jog far enough so I made the touch hole on the side larger but this machine won't do the three bobs and ask for board thickness. I've tried it with the touch blocks right side up, upside down, and without them at all. (I know that's for a whole other thread but still a frustration.)
    You may have the touch blocks swapped onto the wrong sides. There seems to be other issues here as well. Filp-in-jig again? Maybe try a simple one sided project to isolate the details.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Red Deer, AB Canada
    Posts
    43

    Default


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DickB View Post
    Firmware version 3.103 has an update that may correct your Check Cut Motor problem - it cured mine.

    http://www.carvewright.com/firmware-update/
    I've updated and it still gives me the problem. Just can't walk away right away, oh well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •