Thread: Made changes to project now I cannot save it?

1. Default Made changes to project now I cannot save it?

Hi All,

I was trying to clean this up need it to fit 17 x 12 boardget. I make the changes so that the Names fits the board, how when I try to save I get: c/users/loriblackdog/desktop/carvewrightprojects/Billy-1-Acutpathmpc:Permission denied?What did I do???? I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you
    LoriblackdogBilly-1-Acutpath.mpc

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Hi All,

I was trying to clean this up need it to fit 17 x 12 boardget. I make the changes so that the Names fits the board, how when I try to save I get: c/users/loriblackdog/desktop/carvewrightprojects/Billy-1-Acutpathmpc:Permission denied?What did I do???? I would appreciate any help you can give.

Thank you
    LoriblackdogBilly-1-Acutpath.mpc
    Tried to open it why is the screen all black it shows the letters when you click on it and you trying to do
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

3. Default

I am trying to cut out my son's name in this scripted lettering, I am not sure what I really need to do? I will gladly take any advise. Thank you
    Loriblackdog

4. Default

Hi Henry,

I just redid the project I think this is right but not sure, would love to hear any ideas you have to make it better> Like I said I want his name cut out as it looks now. I will greatly appreciate your help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unless you want to use the original text for effect, eg. puffing, you can delete it and it will carve much faster. Other than that I don't see anything that would prevent it from uploading. The example pic has a .128" puff.

EDIT: Font choice is critical. Using your chosen font, the letters will all be separated when the tabs are cut unless you have a base to join them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Billy.png   Billy-Puffed.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 05-01-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    Steve

6. Default

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exampleofwhatIwant.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	85891Hi Steve,

I am trying to cut out Billy & Danielle to float over their last name like the attached photo. I would appreciate any help showing me the steps? I know someone helped me before and that is why I can't save it. Thank you all who have helped me, I am slowly getting it.

Loriblackdog
    Last edited by Loriblackdog; 05-02-2018 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Need to find out how to get names cut out?can anyone explain how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exampleofwhatIwant.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	14.6 KB 
ID:	85891Hi Steve,

I am trying to cut out Billy & Danielle to float over their last name like the attached photo. I would appreciate any help showing me the steps? I know someone helped me before and that is why I can't save it. Thank you all who have helped me, I am slowly getting it.

Loriblackdog
    The names are not cut out, they are layered over the other names. Start out by setting all of your depths to the same level and then adjust the heights up or down to get the layered look you want.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

8. Default

Is there anyway to cut out the first names in cursive and then attach to the Carved last name. I want it to look like it is floating? Is there an ask bud on how to do cutouts? I am really trying to learn. Thank you for your time. Loriblackdog