Hi!

Newbie here in sunny AZ with some questions!

Is there a thread/group for users who use their machines like a scroll saw? I don't carve or pierce. I cut out cursive words. I'm having issue after issue and, honestly, getting very discouraged.
I think I've got a pretty good handle on the program. Feelin' good there. However, each project I cut I get the "cut motor" error....I've seen in videos to just override it...so I do...it seems to work. The cable is not hot at all and it's only in the first 15 or so seconds of starting to cut that the error pops up. The machine has MAYBE 12 hours on it. The pressure is good. The screws and slides are good.

I mostly use 1/2" mdf with the 1/8" cutting bit. ALL my cuts are "choppy" needing hours of sanding. Is there a way to get a smoother cut? My setting is set to optimal...I'd rather it take the extra few minutes to get the better cut. My rollers are fine. The outfeed trays are a hint below the working piece. The bit that came with it and my new bit produced the same rough cut. It truly sounds like the bit is just gonna snap! It sounds like it's pushing through rock! Is it supposed to sound like it's struggling? I feel like MDF is pretty soft compared to some woods.

I've looked everywhere for cutting videos that are newer than 2009! I know this is a "carver" and not a cutter but you guys are doing it. There must be a trick! Help a girl out! I'm about to loose it! Show me whatcha got!

Thanks in advance!