Thread: Help with Speaker Pattern

Default Help with Speaker Pattern

I'm trying to create drill holes for a speaker pattern. There will be two more rings when complete. Can someone please let me know if there is an easier way to lay these out then just trying to try and line them up by hand. Since they are drill holes and not a pattern I can't use the Pattern along a Trajectory tool. I appreciate any assistance anyone can offer.

Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Use the Radial Vector Generator posted here https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...ghlight=radial to create radial lines. Line the holes up manually where your circles and radial lines intersect.

Or, place a very small circular pattern with Pattern Along Trajectory and use that as a guide to manually place drill holes, then delete the patterns.

In this example I used the "Drill Tool" and the "Copy Offset" tool. Place the first drill hole in the upper left corner and then use the "Copy Offset" with 15 columns and 5 rows with .25" spacing. You can vary these settings for different patterns. If you are looking for holes that will fit in a circle or speaker shape, draw and place the circle/shapes and delete the unwanted holes. Sometime the "Center Group Horizontally" and the "Center Group Vertically" tools in the Layout menu may help.

EDIT: You cannot delete the first hole in the array. Essentially, all of the holes are linked copies of the first hole. You can move it but it will move all of the copies with it. This could also be used in your strategy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Speaker Holes.png   Circle pattern.png   Oval pattern.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 04-12-2018 at 09:04 AM.
    Steve

I would snap the drill holes to polygons. With drill holes snapped to the snap grid, snap the polygon vertices around to pick up the drill holes.

see https://forum.carvewright.com/showth...592#post262592

for some polygons to use.

Thanks everyone I appreciate the feedback which is very helpful. Thanks again!