Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CW Machine aborting mid-project

Default CW Machine aborting mid-project

I am a fairly new user, so I don't know what is "normal" for the CW. My machine has recently started to simply abort back to the "1) Project menu" mid-project. The cut motor stops and the z-truck stays where it was last cutting (does not home). I thought maybe the bit was dull, so changed to new carving bit. Then, after another stall, thought maybe had to do with hard wood (red oak) so changed project to "optimal" from best... no joy. This is becoming somewhat tedious. If I am lucky, it gets through an element in the project that I can delete in the original mpc so I don't have to cut over areas already carved (and hope the starting point error is not too great) but always I have to start the project over from the beginning. Any wisdom or advice?

I would be looking for some thing cutting the power to the controller. The only time I see that screen come up is on start up without being prompted. Take a good look the wiring. Make sure it is not getting hit by anything that moves.

It does sound like a power problem. First, however, I would reformat and reflash the card. The problem could be software control.

My thought too.... IF you had a way to video the process keeping an eye on the LCD Display... That would help...

SO a power problem in the house? Anything else on the very same circuit that could be starting and drawing a big load? Freezer? AC? Causing a low voltage at the power supply then abort?

Neighbor turning it off due to the noise.... Then back on.... ????

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thank you for all the feedback. After I made my initial post the machine did something different. It got to about 80% on a carve and stalled with the cut motor running and the truck simply hovering above the piece. I had to shut down the CW and start over (again). After multiple restarts (deleting whatever had been completed from the mpc) I finished all cuts on the Happy_Squirrel_Acorn_Dish project. I have reformatted the card and will see if that has a positive effect on the next project. [I don't think I have a power source problem, but I am going to change sources anyway just for good measure].

OK, what are the green "thumbs-up" on the right side of each post? (Yes, I am as green as grass). I thought it might be a gratitude type system but when i click one it turns into a red thumbs-down and i don't want to DO something stupid (rather just ask stupid questions).

That took me a bit to think about. I see what you are speaking of. Them are a like. didn't like type item. You can give a thumbs up to a post you like or a thumbs down to one you do not.

MSG, I live in a pretty rural area, so the power is "dirty". It might be coincidence, but once I put the machine on a UPS that did line conditioning, my power blip errors went away. Not to mention it can save a carve in the event that it stays down .

It helps to trace down what else might be on the same circuit. My garage wall is shared by the front porch..where I have heated a water dish and pet pad. Lived here for 13 years before I found that out! Who knows if the cycling of those two were causing some of my problems!!

In addition to reformatting the card I would re-flash the firmware also. Try using another card if you have one.The problem could also be static electricity. Especially if you are using a dust collector. Make sure your machine is well grounded.

Try running a different project on a new or different card. It may not be the problem but, it will eliminate possibilities.
    Steve

Since your symptoms changed a little (bit hovering over board and you had to abort) I'm wondering if you have a DC power supply issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast