Thread: Cutting the Noise

Default Cutting the Noise

I have had a CW since 2012, and right now works well. It and all my equipment is hocked up to a 5 hp cyclone dust collector. When I'm making furniture, it is not fun to be around, even though I have a headgear on my ears. My problem is the noise???????? What can I do: put CW in a large insulated box? put a cone shaped mattress pad around it? Any help would be appreciated. Larry

Some have built a sound dampening enclosed box around the machine and others have put it in it's own room.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I covered the CW with a furniture movers blacket, with 4 brackets to hold blanket off of CW. I believe I cut the decibels in half.

I listen to the CW on a wireless intercom and watch on a wireless video camera.... From the next building over... Only 20 feet away.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com