Thread: Need Owl Converted

1. Default Need Owl Converted

All, i need help converting this to a PTN with some 3d effects to it. i don't have the 3d pattern editor to make this happen but do have the pro version of the software. Just got it and am learning the Pro Version. Thanks in advance.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1719ae35334ba83b14bcf69a97b0eb2b_25-best-ideas-about-owl-clip-art-on-pinterest-cartoon-owl-cute.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	85786

this picture is very pixilated and hard to do anything with. You need a larger picture/higher resolution.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

shortyscwater17, these are the types of images that can easily be done with even basic designer. A little bit of time and effort is all that is needed.

The add-on that would make this pattern super simple to make is the 2d vector drawing. But this can also be done easily with a 3rd party graphics software.

I don't have the 2d add-on and I suck with my expensive 3rd party graphics software so I fall back to my 3d modeling stuff. I built a 3d model from the image.

Whenever you have a bad graphic you pretty much have to start from scratch a completely redo the image with the technique you are using. i.e. designer, add-on, graphics software, or 3d modeling software. Keep playing with which ever method you choose and eventually you will have very few limits on what you can build.

The pattern is based on my 3d model so it is not an exact representation of the image but it is close. I also rendered the image with color so you can play with it with whichever method you are using for pattern building.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW cute owl.png   cute owl.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nice job, Oscar.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

That looks great nice pattern.
    Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys. When converting to 3d there is a lot of interpolation so it becomes my interpretation. Sometimes I am not in the ball park but I think this one came out pretty good as well. Hope it is of some use.