Thread: Copy Offset locks up

Default Copy Offset locks up

Greetings fellow Carvers,

It's been a while since I've been on and carving but here I be. I just got the 2D Tools Suite addon today since I have a couple of projects that it would come in handy.
    This is a "step and repeat" feature that lives in many of the applications I use every day in the printing industry.
    There's the rub, it doesn't work. I get the swirling rainbow circle of no response instead of the context menu for copy offset.

I am running Pro 2 and 3 on an iMac with 1.4GHz Intel core i5 and 8 gb RAM and High Sierra OS. I also tried it on my Parallels Desktop virtualized PC on this same Mac to no avail.
    Yes, licenses are up to date as well as all software updates as well as warm and cold reboots and swearing in at least three languages. No, I don't fully speak three languages but fully curse in them at printing machines and software.

Thanks for any assistance,

Bill
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Printer, Zymurgist, Carvehead
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

Bill,

Try increasing your cache ram setting. It is found under file/preferences.. I run mine at 850mb
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Quote Originally Posted by fwharris View Post
    Bill,

Try increasing your cache ram setting. It is found under file/preferences.. I run mine at 850mb
    Will do and let you know Floyd, thanks! BTW both dust hoods still sucking!
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA
    Machine One - Version B, Carvetight upgrade and a Ringneck Blues Dust collector www.ringneckblues.com
    Machine Two - 5th Anniversary Version C, Rubber Belts and a Ringneck Blues Blues Dust collector

Quote Originally Posted by BBrooks View Post
    Will do and let you know Floyd, thanks! BTW both dust hoods still sucking!
    "Try increasing your cache ram setting"

Dug around like mad. I am on an iMac. Is this under system preferences? In the preferences in Designer 3 I went to reset tool preference to 850 mb but still same lockup.
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA

Yes that is in Designer for viewing/changing the preferences. My bad it is under edit and not file. If that did not help by any chance is the path your are trying to offset one that has a lot of tight/narrow areas?
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Originally I was trying it with 3 circles but have tried it with just one and then a small pattern and still get the spinning rainbow and then no response from Designer and have to force quit.
    Anyone else having the same problem or have another possible fix?
    Thanks!
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA

Fixed-ish.

I talked with Chris in software support today and it did indeed lockup on him in Pro3 and version 2 on the Mac so he will submit the problem to the developers.
    I do have Parallels Desktop on my iMac and have my Windows XP PC virtualized and the copy offset feature works like a champ.
    So it's an Apple IOS thing. Crapple.
    Thanks Chris, LHR and all.
    Bill Brooks
    Henrico , VA

I had this issue when i first updated to my Mac OS. The answer I got was.... I shouldn't have updated. Its a known problem and they don't seem to be willing to fix it for Mac users.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.