Thread: Bungee Loops

Default Bungee Loops

Not Carvewright-specific, but...Is there a U.S. manufacturer of a bungee loop similar to this, with both ends of the bungee coming into a single attachment point?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	195190-t.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	85691Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shockcord_bunjee_loop.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	85692

Both of these images above are from Australian-based companies. I've had no success finding anything similar in the U.S., and shipping from Australia to the U.S. is way more than the item costs itself (like, $35 shipping on $20-worth of loops)...if I can even find a vendor that will ship to the U.S.

I have a project where I need to utilize the bungee loop to hold a removable lid down on something, like this:

Name:	loop.PNG 
Views:	25 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	85695

Only thing I can find in the U.S. are the kind used on tarps, or ones with a single connection point (both pictured below, respectively).

Name:	Stay-Put-Fastener-F-SP.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	85696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61i9dV76WVL._SL1024_.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	85694

Only options I can think of are to place two of the single ends side-by, to make a loop of bungee, or to try to drill out the center hole a little more on the Stayput tarp bungee and try to run a screw through it. Really like the style of the first two images though, since they require only one screw, and have a cleaner look, without having to modify them.

Any thoughts?

If you do a search on eBay you will find them with the knobs as well for a bit more funding. I found them in white and black, but they are of the round design,not the rectangle design.

Both of the aforementioned suggestions are for the Stayput, tarp bungees that I mentioned. Those are the ones I'd have to drill out the center hole in an attempt to get them to work.

Love a puzzle!

These folks only sell wholesale. I am sure they could give a list of customers to call:
    http://www.seattlefabrics.com/Shock-...unt_p_413.html

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    Love a puzzle!

These folks only sell wholesale. I am sure they could give a list of customers to call:
    http://www.seattlefabrics.com/Shock-...unt_p_413.html

Thanks for the link; however, I can pick those single end connectors up on amazon or a couple other places as well.

The Stayput models do have a hole in the center to mount them, and a cap to cover everything up, screw, bungee ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugsowner View Post
    The Stayput models do have a hole in the center to mount them, and a cap to cover everything up, screw, bungee ends.
    The "cap" you mention is what goes behind the canvas, and then snaps into the back of the other part with the bungees. Yes, the assembly does have a hole in it, but it wasn't meant for a screw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDbk2Zqnh1Q