Thread: Deeply Confused

Default Deeply Confused

I have been using the Designer Pro software with 3-d tools and 2-d Advanced tools for a week now. Things have been going great. I've made some fairly complex patterns and carves and I feel as though I am quickly getting a handle on what it can do. This morning I made a closed vector out of MANY connected splines. I selected it as a carve region and set the depth to 1/16 of an inch. For some reason it acts as though the only thing I am doing is selecting the line itself. The inside of the line (the region defined by the closed vector) does not drop down from the surface. It is acting like I selected a bit to carve the path. No matter what I do, it remains the same. If I open a new project and make another closed path, it works well. Does the software have problems with paths that have too many connected splines? This is really odd! I have treid it over and over. I even tried copying and pasting the shape into another project... it still would not work! This is the filecrow.mpc
    Many Thanks,
    Mike

Strange. If you drag a corner to change the size a little it fixes. A bug of some kind I think.

Is it possible one of the connection points didn't connect? Is cut path or carve region an option when the shape is selected?

Go to View > Toggle Non-Endpoints to see if it will show you where the disconnect is.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Solved! Amazing! I tried so many different things. It must be some sort of software fluke! Thank You so much! Do people experience other flukes like this from time to time?

There was no disconnect; It was recognized as a potential "carve region". The slight resizing of the piece did the trick, however. Very odd!

Quote Originally Posted by easybean View Post
    Do people experience other flukes like this from time to time?
    By coincidence, yes - I just ran into this one. I'm using Make Vector Group with Conforming Vectors to lay this V carve onto a carved surface. There is a large anomaly that sets the V bit way to deep at one point. Taking away the background carve and Conforming makes the issue go away. I was able to work around this one by altering the vector slightly, but on the right side where there a couple of smaller anomalies no amount of change resulted in a fix, it just made things worse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bug.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	314.6 KB 
ID:	85676

Apparently it has something to do with the position of the carve region. As soon as I moved it a little the carve region appeared normal
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 03-02-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    Steve

It seems to be the position of just two points. Some kind of numerical round off problem I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crow bug.PNG