Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making outlines of spaces between vectors

Quote Originally Posted by easybean View Post
    I think I might have figured it out. I made the works into a pattern. THEN I used the outline tool and searched for the right path. Now can I take that path and make it a vector?
    No. Outlines are not true vectors and they cannot be converted unless you trace over them with one of the drawing tools. Don't use the circle because it isn't a true vector either.
    Steve

Oscar,
    Thank You for the help. I have figured out how to use this as a texture in the way that I would like... but the strikes are much larger (on the project), than I would like. How would I go about making it so that the "strikes" on the texture are closer to 1/4" or less. Would I drag several of these "tiles" into something, scale them down, overlapping, and then save the new image as a pattern?
    I have already done several small carves as accents to furniture pieces that I am working on and being able to recess this pattern, as an element in stuff, is exactly what I am after. Here is a member (from a headboard that I have traditionally cut and shaped by hand). I would like a smaller strike pattern. Many thanks for all the good advice!
    MikeBed R.mpc

Mike, yes that is one way to do it though you don't have to create a pattern from the tiled textures. You can simply add the tiles to the project and then upload to the card when you are ready to carve.

If you don't have access to the right size texture you can tile up or down depending on your need. You can tile up so its larger than your design board. Only the portion that is on your board will get carved. This is important if you need a specific portion or look from a texture that has differing features across it.

The other solution is to create your own textures that meet your needs with the tools (add-ons) you have. I'll let the other folks talk to those since I don't have them.

The software that I use, Blender 3d, is extremely powerful but really, really complex to learn. I have a thread under 3rd party software that shows how to make these types of textures using that software. It literally took me about 15 seconds to make this texture. Having said that, keep practicing with the add-ons you purchased. It may take a little longer but you can definitely create these types of patterns for yourself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CW texture voronoi metal.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12