Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spell Check

Default Spell Check

I am getting ready to carve a sign and I would like to use some type of spell check on the wording. I have copied and pasted it in an email , paint and word programs, with no luck. I am sure I am doing something wrong, just not sure what. What do you do??
    Thank you.

When I'm have issues with spell checking, I go to an online dictionary. They offer meaning and uses, so you know you using it correct as well as a spell checker of sorts.

Yes that dumb machine, it does exactly What I told it, finished a sign with 3 L in Elllen.
    My Shop 1044

CarveWright START U Team Member

V - 1.187 and 3.0 too
    With the DC Insert," dust all gone"
    CarveWright Customer Documentation http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/maintenance.htm
    CarveWright Tips and Tricks http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/tips.htm
    www.customcarvingsbyperry.com
    I have often wondered why it is that
    Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left".
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of
    the fool to the left."

Make a design, go over it a few times to make sure all is right, carve, examine carving. Realize that due to the fact that the machine does what it is told you have design some of the sharpest looking firewood in town. Even a spell checker will not fix all typing errors, and proofing yourself leaves only one guilt party, but that is what most be done. To avoid some of these issues I like to design, go find something else to do for a bit, then come back to review and proof. Gives eyes and mind a break from the screen and design. Amazing what you see, that before made sense to you. I hate seeing it after the carve, but still prefer finding it before anyone else.

Yep! Been there, done that. Fortunately for me my better half reviews and catches most of my mistakes. Do all of the above and ask someone else to look at it. I'm sure everyone here would help if you posted your design.

I copy and paste to Microsoft Word, with spell check automatically enabled. Google Chrome also has an automatic spell check option, so you can cut and paste to almost any field to enable spell check. (This post is being spell checked by Chrome as I type.)

You are using copy and paste of the image? You cannot spell check a graphic image.

One copies text out of the text tool window not off of the board.

OK, we got it. RogerB stopped by and figured out that we need to copy from the *Text Tool* area then we are able to paste it to where we want. I used a free spell checker and email. Both worked fine.
    Thanks everyone and happy spellun

Go old school on it! Check spelling and typing errors by reading from right to left not left to right works every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast