Thread: New parts

1. Default New parts

So I did it. I replaced the bearings, all 8 with new covers. Replaced the y and z belts. Replaced cut motor brushes. Took me about 5 hours, going step by step through the manual.

Ran All tests and it all checked out fine. Just loaded a board for a 4 hour carve, this is the true test.

I found after doing all I did that the chatter I got when homing to check bit is gone. No y stall message yet.

Sounds like a kitten purring.

I was very nervous at the start, looked overwhelming at the start. Each piece according to plans and it's like a piece of cake.

Now, I see that there is really not a lot to the machine, being careful of cables and connectors. Lubricating everything was good and of course cleaning it up inside also was good.

Now I Am Somebody. Haaaaahaaaa

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Big congrats! That is a very cool milestone. I haven't gotten there yet. I just went passed the 200hrs on my machine. I will also be a little nervous when I get there. My machine has been working well and don't really want to monkey/ape it up.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by oscarl48 View Post
    Big congrats! That is a very cool milestone. I haven't gotten there yet. I just went passed the 200hrs on my machine. I will also be a little nervous when I get there. My machine has been working well and don't really want to monkey/ape it up.
    Right...If it ain't broke, you know.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Great job! With just a little bit of patience and following the instructions the machine is very easy to work with. Even a non rocket science guy can work on it!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Good job, glad it all worked out for you. I am getting the chatter as well during homing and getting louder, not sure what it is. It carves fine but I want to repair now before it breaks. Do you know what caused the chatter? Thank you.

My background makes these machines fairly easy for me to tear down and repair. Over the years I have learned that the hardest thing to do is the diving in part. Unsure of what you can do, but with this forum to fall back on, diving in is not that big of hurdle. I got an old A up and running when I first got it, and did not know of this forum. If you take your time and look at how everything moves together, you can do the repairs, but if you have problems this is the place to be. With knowledge of folks like Al, Dan, Floyd, members of Carvewright staff, and others the information is vast you can receive and all it costs is a time in asking, not to bad a trade.

I get that chattering too upon homing... I believe it is just the Servos doing a little osculation and nothing to be concerned about. As the servos get warmer it will oscillate less.

Did you also change the Y Gearbox Bearings?

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com