Thread: Keyhole bit re-do?

Default Keyhole bit re-do?

I was using the Keyhole bit on the back of another cribbage board and the bit slipped in the holder resulting in a cut about 1/4" deep the full length of the cut and the diameter of the large part of the bit. I have filled it in with a mixture of Titebond and sawdust. I would like to make the keyhole cut in the original position but I am afraid that the glue/sawdust mixture will just chip out. Has anyone tried this before?

I got inpatient waiting for a reply so decided to give it a try, much to my surprise it came out fine.

As I recall you are using the keyhole bit to cut a slot to hold the pegs. Could you share how you do that, what covers the slot and a photo of what it looks like? I would like to try it.

I was just using the keyhole bit to cut a slot to hang the cribbage board. I do make a storage area to hold the pegs though. I make a carved area 1x2 and .5" deep and next to that another carved area 1x.5 and .25 deep. I then use a Dremel tool with a slot cutting bit set to .25" from the top of the board and cut a groove around the two connected carved areas. I then make a sliding lid using a router to cut the rails. Hopefully the pictures will explain it better.

Don't know why the last two pictures came out upside down but if you click on them to enlarge them they come out right side up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0216181918.jpg   0216181918b.jpg   0216181919.jpg   0216181919a-2.jpg  

Got it! I assume it's the Dremel 199 bit? Do you use the Dremel router table (231) to do the slot cut or something else. Thanks!

You're right I use the 199 bit and this attachment #565
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 10.45.50 AM.png